Bulb list for 4th gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Has anyone replaced the entire headlight with something like a U-bar or Halo? Or ever something similar to the headlights on a Rebel? I have a 2017 Big Horn and will be putting HIDs in eventually but I was curious as to what others have done in regards to their headlights? I'm new to Ram and this forum so any help is appreciated!

The rebel headlights aren't unique to it. They're the same lights as the Sport and just the black version of the ones on Laramie and higher. There are lots of things you can do to the factory quads you have, or you can switch to the projector lights (like the rebel). Whatever you do, don't put HID bulbs in your stock reflectors. They're ineffective and produce dangerous glare for other drivers.

Check out RetroShop.us for an idea of what's possible. They are the premier RAM light builders.

raj005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI V8
The rebel headlights aren't unique to it. They're the same lights as the Sport and just the black version of the ones on Laramie and higher. There are lots of things you can do to the factory quads you have, or you can switch to the projector lights (like the rebel). Whatever you do, don't put HID bulbs in your stock reflectors. They're ineffective and produce dangerous glare for other drivers.

Check out RetroShop.us for an idea of what's possible. They are the premier RAM light builders.

I will do that, thank you for the help!

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone used the Sylvania brand ZEVO LED's from Walmart? I just wanted to use them because I can get them right down the street from my work.

Are they bright enough?
do you guys recommend a specific brand to use?
also for the 2009 that I have what is the DRL LED number?

D_G_E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I installed a set of LED replacement bulbs I got off Amazon in my high and low beams. then I installed the amber fog lights. The LEDs don't seem that much brighter, but, the light that is reflected back is much brighter if that makes any sense. For example, the road is not easier to see but road signs seem much more reflective. As for the amber fog lights, they were a big help with falling snow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H6NZ6F2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H6NZ7D8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002E2SJAA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

burn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,

what ever HID's you gonna get, do NOT go through xenondepot.com.

After consulting with them they send me HID Kit Low Beam, HID Kit Fog and LED Kit High Beam.
Guess what, only the Low Beam Kit worked and I had to return the other 2 kits.
Now the bummer, YOU have to pay for return shipping :thumbsup:, YOU have to Pay restocking fee of 10% :thumbsup: and YOU get deducted the original shipping fee to your place :thumbsup:.

P.S. I forgot to mention YOU have to ship to Canada which makes it even more expensive.

They need to go out of business !!! :spank::spank::spank:

I finally got taken care of by The Retro Fit Source in Atlanta. https://www.theretrofitsource.com
Highly recommend their LED fog light Housing Unit which basically replaces the original RAM fog light housing.
On a black truck this looks not too bad ;)

djfergi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys. I'm having a tough time finding 194s that fit the license plate bulb housing. Ive purchased 3 different styles of bulb and none of them fit. The top of the bulb hits the lense so I cannot lock the socket in place. Any suggestions?

My 1500 is a 2017.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like you got the bulb that was too long. There should be another 194 bulb that is the shorter version. I made that mistake before too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tator2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used the short base 194 from superbrightled.com.

Has anyone noticed that the dome light bulb in 2017 laramie is different? I hop the lens off and I have another chrome housing, like it appears to to be an LED.

Also factory LED taillights do not use a 921 for the reverse lights. The base is appears to be 7440 bulb.

I have to look at the rest when I have more time.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey guys, I've used the search function and combed through the threads and I am still not sure what I need.

I am looking for a reverse light LED and cargo light LED for a 2015 1500 Sport. I want plug and play with no issues!! Which ones should I order on Amazon?

I want to do interior lights as well, but the reverse LEDs and cargo LED is priority.

Tom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used Phillips 921 in the reverse and cargo lights on my '15 1500. Had no issues. Any 921 led should work for those two applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djfergi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used the short base 194 from superbrightled.com.

Has anyone noticed that the dome light bulb in 2017 laramie is different? I hop the lens off and I have another chrome housing, like it appears to to be an LED.

Also factory LED taillights do not use a 921 for the reverse lights. The base is appears to be 7440 bulb.

I have to look at the rest when I have more time.

I can confirm that the 2017s have 7440 for the reverse bulb. I also have the LED interior light option in my 17.

I ended up finding a set of 194s that fit perfectly.

tator2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can confirm that the 2017s have 7440 for the reverse bulb. I also have the LED interior light option in my 17.

I ended up finding a set of 194s that fit perfectly.

Did the stock LEDs and reflectors just pop out to be replaced?

tator2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2017 with Projectors, factory LED tails, and LED interior bulb list.

See attachment.

Attachments

• ram2017bulbs.jpg
    ram2017bulbs.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 248

djfergi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did the stock LEDs and reflectors just pop out to be replaced?
I didn't even attempt removing them. From the looks of it I'm not sure they are easily removed.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Anyone have an error free 7440 LED recommendation?

RAMTRPR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They will, no rewire is needed.

The kicker though? you will NOT have the same high and low beams as a normal quad equipped truck. They lows will not stay on with the highs.

Can you splice the wiring so they will come on like a normal quad truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RAMTRPR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone swapped out LEDs in the main cluster for brighter or different color? Suggestions? Mine are just really dim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anyone know the bulb number for the shifter indicator letters on a center console Laramie, mine is blown and the numbers are too damn small for my bad eyes to see.

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok im confused, can someone post the LED bulb numbers to replace all the rear lights, interior lights, and front turn signals?

Salsa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2017 1500 express that calls for 194 bulbs in the 2 license plate holders. I'm not sure what is up with mine. When I untwist the housing, I can then remove a gray 90 degree elbow from a black connector. I can't however seem to get the bulb out of the gray elbow without feeling like I'll break it. Any ideas on what may be going on? I'd post a pic but can't seem to be able to do that either.