Bully Dog questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcticRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a few questions about the Bully Dog tuner. I recently ordered one from Moe's (thank you Matt). I have it installed now on my '12 CC Sport. Since the install, I've added a 4" RCX lift and 35's. Now for the questions:

1. I seem to have a glich. When my headlights are on, the tuner seems to flash back and forth between day and night backgrounds. This happens in no particular pattern. Doesn't happen on bumps, so I ruled out a short. I'm stumped on that one.

2. How do I go about changing my vehicle information (i.e. tire size)? Do I need to unistall, then reinstall to get back to setting vehicle parameters?

3. Lastly, how do I update? Do you just unplug and hook it back up to my computer. Or do I have to uninstall, update on computer, then reinstall?

Sorry for the dumb questions. I'm just getting to the end of my rope trying to figure it out. I'm afraid to unplug it from the truck for fear of screwing something up if I don't do it correctly. Thanks in advance for any help you folks can provide.

John

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I have a few questions about the Bully Dog tuner. I recently ordered one from Moe's (thank you Matt). I have it installed now on my '12 CC Sport. Since the install, I've added a 4" RCX lift and 35's. Now for the questions:

1. I seem to have a glich. When my headlights are on, the tuner seems to flash back and forth between day and night backgrounds. This happens in no particular pattern. Doesn't happen on bumps, so I ruled out a short. I'm stumped on that one.

2. How do I go about changing my vehicle information (i.e. tire size)? Do I need to unistall, then reinstall to get back to setting vehicle parameters?

3. Lastly, how do I update? Do you just unplug and hook it back up to my computer. Or do I have to uninstall, update on computer, then reinstall?

Sorry for the dumb questions. I'm just getting to the end of my rope trying to figure it out. I'm afraid to unplug it from the truck for fear of screwing something up if I don't do it correctly. Thanks in advance for any help you folks can provide.

John

1) on update A005 they fixed/or added night time feature to work. But it flashes. Mine does it too. I haven't contacted bullydog yet to find out why.

2) as far as I know you will have to uninstall and reinstall to change the tire size

3) you will have to uninstall to update. The last time I updated mine, about a month ago, when I hooked it up to the update manager it showed mine was up to date. Although I knew there was a update available. So I had to call bullydog and have them send me the most current update file.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
No problem

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine does the same thing. I set day and night brightness to 60% so it doesn't change. Hopefully they fix it.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
silly question, but have you guys pressed the upper right button? That's how I make mine switch from day to night mode. Just mash it one time and wait a couple seconds and it dims. Some times I have to press it a couple times. Just a thought.

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
silly question, but have you guys pressed the upper right button? That's how I make mine switch from day to night mode. Just mash it one time and wait a couple seconds and it dims. Some times I have to press it a couple times. Just a thought.

Yes, but the problem with mine is when switching between high/low beams. Low beams it stays in night mode, high beams it switches to day mode. Really annoying.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
wow. Glad mine doesn't do that. lol

OP
OP
A

ArcticRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I switched my backgrounds so that day and night mode matched each other. Problem still exists. If I'm running with no headlights on, there is no problem, it stays consistent. If I'm running with headlights on (high or low beam), that's when it seems to change back and forth on its own. It's not quite as annoying now that I've matched the day and night backgrounds, now it just gets dim and bright at random. Thanks to all of you for your input. I feel a little better that it's not just something I'm overlooking. Hope we can find a resolution for it soon though.

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I switched my backgrounds so that day and night mode matched each other. Problem still exists. If I'm running with no headlights on, there is no problem, it stays consistent. If I'm running with headlights on (high or low beam), that's when it seems to change back and forth on its own. It's not quite as annoying now that I've matched the day and night backgrounds, now it just gets dim and bright at random. Thanks to all of you for your input. I feel a little better that it's not just something I'm overlooking. Hope we can find a resolution for it soon though.

You can also match the day and night brightness. I set both at 60%.