Bushwacker rocker panel protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I suppose you could just cut the front part of the back piece off. It comes in four pieces.
Yea I don’t think it would be hard to customize since it comes in 4 pieces, just sucks to spend the coin for all of it if ya don’t need it lol

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Issue with these is tiny micro pebbles get in there and water. It essentially will work its way through paint. Just like those spats. If you take them off or peel them back just a touch you’ll see tiny Little Rock’s. Like dust but bigger. At least it’s an issue in my area Because they use sand and salt.

I love the idea of things like this and my OCD is between a rock and a hard place. I want to keep my truck pristine (I know. It’s a road princess) but at the same time a lot of these products have negative aspects to them. Sometimes outweighing the very reason for installing them in the first place. Fender flares are a perfect example. Also, my trusted husky liner flaps with protective film appear to be doing damage. I’ll have to investigate further when weather plays nice.

I have buddies that are always in and out of my truck and I swear their feet weigh 235 pounds each as they drag they’re damn feet in. Scratching all paint on rockers. So it lead me to products such as this, however, I’m hesitant. So with that said I’ll let you be the guinea pig [emoji12]

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are paintable according to the bushwacker instructions. Just would have a slight textured look to it.
Yeah but then ya gotta worry about the paint chipping on the door protectors. After thinking about it, color matched line-X seems like the best option sprayed over the factory paint.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yeah but then ya gotta worry about the paint chipping on the door protectors. After thinking about it, color matched line-X seems like the best option sprayed over the factory paint.

I wish it weren’t the case. But I think that’s the only true way to protect that area thoroughly. Only real downside is cleaning it. Unless I’m sure for some big money you can get glossed, painted smoother etc. I’m gonna do some research on this and read reviews and go from there.

Next best thing would be self healing protective film

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish it weren’t the case. But I think that’s the only true way to protect that area thoroughly. Only real downside is cleaning it. Unless I’m sure for some big money you can get glossed, painted smoother etc. I’m gonna do some research on this and read reviews and go from there.

Next best thing would be self healing protective film

Yeah if your truck isnt black, that seems to be the best route. curious to see how much line-X would charge to do the rockers in paint matched smooth paint.

Rugged

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
644afaf6a99dd0ff7d68be0caf90fe6c.jpg

I customized mine for my quad cab. I need to get my rockers replaced but didn’t/ couldn’t swing the 1600 shops wanted to do both sides so used them to cover up my rusted rockers temporarily. I actually used black silicone to seal in all the entry points where water will come in from the top to slow down the rust a little which seemed to help quite a bit.

It takes a lot of cutting but being it’s plastic not real difficult just have to plan it out so your seam lands right and though step part for the back door is too long as well. Once done can’t really tell. I used my miter saw to get a nice straight cut on the seam between the doors and a multi tool for the rest then filed down any burred edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I customized mine for my quad cab. I need to get my rockers replaced but didn’t/ couldn’t swing the 1600 shops wanted to do both sides so used them to cover up my rusted rockers temporarily. I actually used black silicone to seal in all the entry points where water will come in from the top to slow down the rust a little which seemed to help quite a bit.

It takes a lot of cutting but being it’s plastic not real difficult just have to plan it out so your seam lands right and though step part for the back door is too long as well. Once done can’t really tell. I used my miter saw to get a nice straight cut on the seam between the doors and a multi tool for the rest then filed down any burred edges.

Great job on that. It's a shame you've got rust because your Ram looks immaculate.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Odd that the front doesn’t cover all the way up to the front fenders, looks unfinished but that’s on Bushwacker.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great job on that. It's a shame you've got rust because your Ram looks immaculate.

I was thinking the same thing. Rusted all the way thru? Mine is a 2010 and was from Canada and it's not rusted. When I get my truck repainted it's getting a set of these.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

You did a great job man!!!