Buying 2019 Limited - is Mopar “lifetime” warranty legit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Dealer offered a Mopar lifetime warranty which covers everything except maintenance types of items. He said it lasts the life of the vehicle and unlimited mile. Cost is $3,995. Never heard of anyone offering this before. Sounds too good to be true. He did it is only offered on certain vehicles. I’m looking at a 2019 Ram 1500 limited 4x4 crew cab. If this is legit I’m going back and getting it tonight lol.

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer offered a Mopar lifetime warranty which covers everything except maintenance types of items. He said it lasts the life of the vehicle and unlimited mile. Cost is $3,995. Never heard of anyone offering this before. Sounds too good to be true. He did it is only offered on certain vehicles. I’m looking at a 2019 Ram 1500 limited 4x4 crew cab. If this is legit I’m going back and getting it tonight lol.

It is legit however that’s a high price, you can do better on the price through some online providers that are often referenced on this forum. You can also forgo the maxcare lifetime warranty purchase until later. The purchase price point will remain the same up through your 1st year or 12000 miles of ownership. The only possible advantage of buying it now would be if you role it into financing, however at $3995 I wouldn’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmyjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure on 2019 models, but I bought my lifetime max care from a dealer in Michigan for my 2014 Ram and I only paid $2,390. There are threads in the 4th gen forum on the lifetime warranty you can checkout to find dealers and contact info for better prices.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Ca, DO NOT pay $4000 for the warranty. You will find the link that Hitch attached helpful. I do believe the warranty is fair value IF you plan on keeping the truck for more than 100k miles. You will find that you can purchase the warranty for much less with just a little shopping on line. One trans or major electronic component replacement, and you will get your money back.

OP
OP
Accountant

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Ca, DO NOT pay $4000 for the warranty. You will find the link that Hitch attached helpful. I do believe the warranty is fair value IF you plan on keeping the truck for more than 100k miles. You will find that you can purchase the warranty for much less with just a little shopping on line. One trans or major electronic component replacement, and you will get your money back.

Thanks! I plan on putting 20,000-30,000 miles per year on the truck and hope to keep it for a long time, especially with a lifetime warranty.

OP
OP
Accountant

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
It is legit however that’s a high price, you can do better on the price through some online providers that are often referenced on this forum. You can also forgo the maxcare lifetime warranty purchase until later. The purchase price point will remain the same up through your 1st year or 12000 miles of ownership. The only possible advantage of buying it now would be if you role it into financing, however at $3995 I wouldn’t do it.

Thanks! Reading through the posts now.

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out the link I gave there may be cheaper.

Definitely there is cheaper if you dig, that link is just a quick online quote to give you an idea of where to start and go down in price from there. There are also periodic price discounts and specials on the Maxcare plans which is why it’s sometimes best to wait a bit. I’m at 5k miles on my 2018 and will probably wait until 3/36 passes before purchasing any extended warranty if I decide to buy out this lease.

OP
OP
Accountant

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Haven't heard back from Clay. So far I've only gotten the online quote for $3,331 less $180 discount. I just picked up a 2019 Laramie with 4 corner air ride yesterday and the dealer couldn't beat that price. Several dealers I talked to don't even offer the lifetime maxcare anymore.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Haven't heard back from Clay. So far I've only gotten the online quote for $3,331 less $180 discount. I just picked up a 2019 Laramie with 4 corner air ride yesterday and the dealer couldn't beat that price. Several dealers I talked to don't even offer the lifetime maxcare anymore.

I’ve seen many of them offering third party options, like Allstate’s.