Buying 2019 Limited - is Mopar “lifetime” warranty legit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
ya these warranties are a great revenue generator for them is all. since buying my first new car in 1967 I have never paid extra for a warranty and have never had any problems not covered by the factory provided warranty. I have known friends over the years that own dealerships and so I know plenty of the things they do to increase revenue. if you sign up for several thousand of extended warranties and then make a bunch of mods to the vehicle yourself, you are just shooting yourself in the foot.

spinxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
ya these warranties are a great revenue generator for them is all. since buying my first new car in 1967 I have never paid extra for a warranty and have never had any problems not covered by the factory provided warranty. I have known friends over the years that own dealerships and so I know plenty of the things they do to increase revenue. if you sign up for several thousand of extended warranties and then make a bunch of mods to the vehicle yourself, you are just shooting yourself in the foot.

This would have been a good theory when cars weren’t as technological advanced as they are today. I had a MaxCare Lifetime for my Grand Cherokee and it paid for itself twice over.
Unfortunate the Lifetime variant is no longer available.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
This would have been a good theory when cars weren’t as technological advanced as they are today. I had a MaxCare Lifetime for my Grand Cherokee and it paid for itself twice over.
Unfortunate the Lifetime variant is no longer available.
Probably why it's not offered any more.

With my old truck it would have taken several issues to match the cost of an extended warranty. With this one it could surpass the cost in one visit with the price of electronics and replacing modules (everything's controlled by a computer now). I keep vehicles for a long time (I had my last truck for 11 years) and drive 20K+ miles a year so it's worth the peace of mind to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01