Buying A Repair Manuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
I am a member of several forums and give people advise from time to time and help people the best I can.The advise I can give anyone is buying a service manuel for your truck and such it will save you a bunch if you asking questions in these forums and don't know.One more thing is buying good tools to work on your truck there ain't nothing worse is having a tool break while working on something .Working on your own stuff instead of getting a shop to fix it is the best school to teach you how stuff works and know that is done right.I'm almost 65 years old and I'm a lot like a lot of you young people I get a wild hair on fixing and making something go.So I wish everyone in the forum new and old the best of luck.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is true. The benefit to a forum though is the ability to get a quick response, and a real world description of the solution and workarounds (which is priceless) not in the service manual.

For example, in my Audi service manual, it tells you to remove 5-6 things around the engine that you don't have to to replace the cam follower (a part that is part of the fueling system that wears every 30-40k miles), while an audi forum member told us to buy a 17mm wrench and cut the closed end off using the shortened open end. This is used to remove the hard fuel line attached to the high pressure fuel pump, which is in a awkward position. This this "new" tool is small enough to fit between parts which saves about 35 minutes each time.

OP
OP
F

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Look some of these tool now days on the market someone has thought outside the box and come up away around having to take half a engine apart. Then he sells his idea to a tool company and laughs all the way to the bank.What I want people to know is buying a repair manuel and getting good tools will help you with your repair heck sometimes I get stumped and ask someone from one of the forum for advise because someone had had that same problem and are a big help.I have also had people in a forum that don't have the first clue and rely on a mechanic to tell them after they have ate a hole out of your back pocket.

Last edited: