Buzzer Sound (Video)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GetOffMeTho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just bought this truck. Ripped of these ugly wood pieces that were screwed on and left all of these stupid holes everywhere but it's better than that fake wood. Anyways, the car has this super loud ugly buzzer sound which sounds like a relay that is going on and off 5000 times per second. See video:

http://youtu.be/DCAItnFzI_Q

What is this? Does anyone else have this? What is it supposed to sound like? Where is it located so that I can remove it and replace it because I do need a chime to remind me to turn my lights off and stuff.

Thanks!

BTW I have a '97 1500 4x4 with the 318

Additionally, I cannot seem to remove the spare tire as there are no removal tools or even a jack! How am I supposed to lift this giant truck anyways? It's 22.5" in the front and 26" in the rear. Anyways, I'm not sure what I'm looking at here:

2e3phkj.jpg

It's the rear bumper hole where you are supposed to rotate something to lower the spare wheel down. I don't have or know what the name of the tool is to do this. Any help with this would be great.

Thanks!!

bandj524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my 97 sounds the same its the headlight on reminder and key in the ignition reminder. same buzzer for both.

OP
OP
G

GetOffMeTho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just bought this truck. Ripped of these ugly wood pieces that were screwed on and left all of these stupid holes everywhere but it's better than that fake wood. Anyways, the car has this super loud ugly buzzer sound which sounds like a relay that is going on and off 5000 times per second. See video:

VID 20140814 160147114 - YouTube

Where is it located so that I can remove it and replace it because I do need a chime to remind me to turn my lights off and stuff.

Thanks!

Additionally, I cannot seem to remove the spare tire as there are no removal tools or even a jack! How am I supposed to lift this giant truck anyways? It's 22.5" in the front and 26" in the rear. Anyways, I'm not sure what I'm looking at here:

2e3phkj.jpg

It's the rear bumper hole where you are supposed to rotate something to lower the spare wheel down. I don't have or know what the name of the tool is to do this. Any help with this would be great.

Thanks!!

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
my 97 sounds the same its the headlight on reminder and key in the ignition reminder. same buzzer for both.
Spot on answer.

VID 20140814 160147114 - YouTube

Where is it located so that I can remove it and replace it because I do need a chime to remind me to turn my lights off and stuff.

Thanks!

2e3phkj.jpg

Thanks!!
There is a tool that should have been in with your jack stuff that will turn the winch to drop the tire down. You might be able to find the jack and tool kit at a junkyard.