Cab light wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlackMagnum2000

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I got mine from DDM tuning. High, low, and fog lights came out to like $130 total. I think $25 of that was shipping no idea why it was so expensive. But yeah they really helped light output and helped the appearance I think

OP
OP
BlackMagnum2000

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Yeah. What I did was
Low beams: H1 bulb. 6000k. 35w ballast
High beams: H1 bulb. 6000k. 55w ballast
Fog lights: 880 series bulbs (they all are basically the same). 6000k. 35w ballast.
And I got their relay harness for the fog lights since the wiring is really thin they don't provide enough power to get the ballasts on

OP
OP
BlackMagnum2000

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
It's essentially all plug and play. If you decide to go that route I can help you if you come up with any issues. It's also pretty easy to hide it all. The ballasts themselves are the "slim" ballast and they have holes in the corners for zip ties.

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Part numbers for the cab lights? Or HIDs? This thread got a little off topic haha

the hid stuff... and i don't have the factory fogs.. so updates are alright :) mainly interested in the hids for headlights any upgrade is best.. thought about doing a retrofit but need opinions..

Austin On The Coast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.9
I see they have everything you said for fogs but my fogs are toast so I need new ones plus the hid. Have you seen any hid cab lights? I swear I've seen them before lol

OP
OP
BlackMagnum2000

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
the hid stuff... and i don't have the factory fogs.. so updates are alright :) mainly interested in the hids for headlights any upgrade is best.. thought about doing a retrofit but need opinions..

If you plan on going with the company that I did, I don't think they did it by part number. But its really simple just go to their site ddmtuning.com and go to HID kits and you just select your bulb type, along with the options you'd want. If you're new to HIDs on the bottom of the page it gives some information about it all, in case you don't know what you want.

OP
OP
BlackMagnum2000

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I see they have everything you said for fogs but my fogs are toast so I need new ones plus the hid. Have you seen any hid cab lights? I swear I've seen them before lol
Are the bulbs blown or something? When you put in HIDs you replace the bulb (with a xenon bulb I believe)
And no. HIDs are mainly for mainly for high output applications like headlights and fogs. Hence "high intensity discharge". HID cab lights would be a waste. You'd have to get 5 ballasts and I doubt they make an xenon bulb for that type.

Austin On The Coast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.9
I think the light itself is bunker out, looks like it was off something else, but I've been looking at fogs and they are cheap compared to other truck things lol and yeah I figured, they are way bright, and it was either the brightest led I've seen, as in was a whitish bluish color, in black cab lights I believe, it was at night and looked sick as all hell!

OP
OP
BlackMagnum2000

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I think the light itself is bunker out, looks like it was off something else, but I've been looking at fogs and they are cheap compared to other truck things lol and yeah I figured, they are way bright, and it was either the brightest led I've seen, as in was a whitish bluish color, in black cab lights I believe, it was at night and looked sick as all hell!

Yeah a local 2g ram has like the smoked housing with green cab lights and green halos. It definitely looked sick too. Made me want to do mine like that lol