Cab Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge4x4810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just curious with the people who have the factory cab lights. Do any of your guys get condensation in any. Since new, I have always got condensation in about three of them. I tried sealing them better and now there doesn't seem to be as much condensation, but there is still some. Just wondering if this is a problem that many people have or if maybe the dealership had the covers off before i bought it breaking the seal.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I added mine after and have had zero condensation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HvyDuty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Added my Mopar cab lights too. No leakage at all. You can check the torque on the screws. Its possible that the factory over or undertightened them. Hopefully they didn't overtighten them to point of cracking the lenses.

It was fun drilling holes in the roof of my brand new truck! :superhack::buffer:

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
My truck is still pretty new but I have never noticed condensation in mine. Factory installed.

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i installed mine as well......no condensation. drilling holes in a brand new truck is always exhilerating

Gear Jammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Mine are factory installed, and they had condensation in them. I pulled them off, dried them out and put them back on with some silicone between the gasket and the light, and also over the screws. They have stayed dry since. I found when I pulled them that they had been over tightened at the factory, and their were small cracks around the screw holes. I should have made the dealer fix it, but I didn't feel it was worth the trouble, and I didn't trust them not to over tighten them again.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Mine are factory installed, and they had condensation in them. I pulled them off, dried them out and put them back on with some silicone between the gasket and the light, and also over the screws. They have stayed dry since. I found when I pulled them that they had been over tightened at the factory, and their were small cracks around the screw holes. I should have made the dealer fix it, but I didn't feel it was worth the trouble, and I didn't trust them not to over tighten them again.

Now Im all paranoid to check mine lol.

OP
OP
D

Dodge4x4810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I did noticed it seemed like mine were over tightened from the factory. I do remember when I resealed them, it seemed like in 3 of the lights that had condensation had hairline cracks around the screws. I only sealed them with some silicone around the screws. This also has me thinking...I like the look of the clear cab lights, but are there any good aftermarket options. I do like clear but am open to tinted covers, but do not know how that will look with my other lights (headlights and taillights) being factory.

OP
OP
D

Dodge4x4810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just doing some quick searches. I fould Recon and Atomic makes some pretty sweet LED cab lights, some leave it stock looking and some are smoked and different colors. What I did notice that is pretty cool is that they make a strobing option for another $100. I have a plow and am going to put hideaways in light headlights and taillights anyways. The cab lights strobing would be pretty cool and they are bright also. I live in MA and some of the driveways I do are on main, busy roads and MA actually requires you to have some sort of blinking or strobing light while plowing even driveways.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
My cab lights got condensation in a couple of them too. I took them off and dried them out. When i stuck my compressor into the bulb hole and blocked the rest of the hole with a cloth a lot of air came out of the areas of the screw holes. Basically, the screws were over tightened causing the housing to crack and let water in when the truck was washed. Luckily the seals between the cab and light work well and the cracked lens would have to leak a good couple ounces before any water made its way into the headliner area.

BTW, my dealer covered the replacement under warranty on the two cracked lenses.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Do you have to pull the headliner down to install these?

Yes. I love the look of clearance lights so i made sure they were an option on the truck i selected. They come with the snow chief oackage also, which my truck has

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Yes its not that difficult. From start to finish it took 3.5-4 hours. I made sure to take my time and measured 100 times ha ha

Reactions: JB1

HvyDuty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

Yes, if I could do it again, I would have pulled the headliner out completely. When you drill the holes out alot of steel fragments fall down into the interior and onto the back side of the headliner. Easier to work and clean up with it out of the way.

Take the time and make sure the template is taped to the right spot.

IIRC, the correct power tap is on the passenger side of the dash behind the pullout panel. Green wire with orange stripe. Ignore the instructions which tell you to tap under the driver side/fuse box etc.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
There is an active TSB on this from Apr '17. The TSB number is 23-14-17 Rev A. Although it says it's only for trucks built in Jul '16, I'm sure if they were factory installed and you have the same issue, any decent dealer would replace them.

Reactions: JB1