CAI recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse1031

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 17' 1500 sport with the 5.7, looking to do a CAI for better MPG and performance. Pushing 35's. Living in California I am limited with the CARB compliant stuff, though I have thought about putting what I want then just putting the stock back on for smog testing. What are you guys thought, any brands you prefer in this regard.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO---Vararam or Legmaker depending on how deep your pockets are. Contact Matt at Moe's Performance, a preferred vendor on this site, for more choices and detailed information.
Jay

OP
OP
Jesse1031

Jesse1031

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks for the input guys I realize the question has been probably beat to death. With the vararam what kind of real world result are you guys seeing?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Vararam best performs at WOT and at highway speeds. You won't see a lot of difference just cruising around town. I think it outperforms other options when you are doing "spirited acceleration" from stoplight to stoplight and in the 1/8th and 1/4 mile. There are some published dyno results but I don't remember the exact number---maybe 10-15hp--I'm not positive about that though.
Jay

BadHabit57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
search please. One of the most common questions on here. Tons of answers

Forums are for discussion. If you tell people to just "search" all the time it doesn't prompt much new discussion. They could have questions specifically tailored to their needs or concerns. This forum isn't exactly the most active place as it is, to tell people to just "search".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forums are for discussion. If you tell people to just "search" all the time it doesn't prompt much new discussion. They could have questions specifically tailored to their needs or concerns. This forum isn't exactly the most active place as it is, to tell people to just "search".

This forum isn't exactly the most active place you say? I also belong to one of the other Ram forums and there's a hell of a lot more going on here than there for sure. If there's a more "rockin" Ramforum out there please tell us about it as I'm sure we would all like to check it out. Hell the oil discussion thread on this forum is over 2K thousand pages by itself. That in itself speaks volumes.

BadHabit57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This forum isn't exactly the most active place you say? I also belong to one of the other Ram forums and there's a hell of a lot more going on here than there for sure. If there's a more "rockin" Ramforum out there please tell us about it as I'm sure we would all like to check it out. Hell the oil discussion thread on this forum is over 2K thousand pages by itself. That in itself speaks volumes.

I never said there was a more "rockin" forum old timer. I said this forum isn't very active, particularly with new posts each day. So I don't think it's a good idea to just snub folks and tell them to "search" when it's a new topic to generate discussion, for which a forum is intended.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with asking people to use the search function? The what intake should I use question gets asked at least once a day when its already been discussed ad infinitum. There are 295 threads on the word intake already and maybe the OP wasn't aware of this.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Vararam and S&B are the 2 most popular. AFE would be right behind them. Let us know if we can help with your purchase. We offer them and also give discounts to the members here.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Get the Mopar CAI. It's CARB certified so you don't have to worry about being ticketed if you get pulled over

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Or use the stock airbox with its cai tube, add a 3" tube to box and freeflowing filter, paint a little bling, ****.....cali carb legal... under $100

MIC DROP

20180107_170032.jpg

20180207_164006.jpg

20180614_161958.jpg

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is that scoop custom? I havent seen one like that
Yes, you could say that. I re-engineered a Vararam Air Grabber to fit my 3rd gen and made a snorkel ram air. Only the Hemi-Under-Glass is available for the 3rd gens.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have what RAMM5.7 has anything else is not worth the cost.