CAI recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The DIY CIA's that some members have devised do a good job and are a lot less expensive than the manufactured ones.
Jay

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice Bling... What filter are you running?

At the moment a K&N I bought from a member here. I have a AEM in my Amazon wagon I'm thinking of swapping to in the future

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice Bling... What filter are you running?

And a fyi, you can definately feel the added 3 inch tube to the airbox in mid to upper rpm. It's kinda hard to describe but as its pulling it feels kind of like its getting another breath of air,(which it is), so pulls longer. IMHO it was/is a very economical way to add air without the big bucks of a aftermarket cai.
Technically the oem is a cai as its pulling air from the fender, it just has funky tubing and bends

BadHabit57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
At the moment a K&N I bought from a member here. I have a AEM in my Amazon wagon I'm thinking of swapping to in the future

Just looked at the AEM, that seems like a great option. No oil, and $20 cheaper than K&N

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just looked at the AEM, that seems like a great option. No oil, and $20 cheaper than K&N

My thoughts exactly.

PaPa_Brewskey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And a fyi, you can definately feel the added 3 inch tube to the airbox in mid to upper rpm. It's kinda hard to describe but as its pulling it feels kind of like its getting another breath of air,(which it is), so pulls longer. IMHO it was/is a very economical way to add air without the big bucks of a aftermarket cai.
Technically the oem is a cai as its pulling air from the fender, it just has funky tubing and bends

Are you running stock exhaust, or ? I had a Chevy years ago that I installed a K&N filter, everything else was stock, and it lost an incredible amount of towing power.

Last edited:

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you running stock exhaust, or ?

No. Mufflex magnaflow 18" direct replacement muffler and carvin 5"tips.
Petal commander and Edge Pulsar inline computer.
The 3" add a tube i did was before those mods and my butt dyno could definitely feel it.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forums are for discussion. If you tell people to just "search" all the time it doesn't prompt much new discussion. They could have questions specifically tailored to their needs or concerns. This forum isn't exactly the most active place as it is, to tell people to just "search".

I respectfully disagree. I think their is plenty of discussion on intakes on this forum. I also think this is a pretty active forum.

There is 11 pages of discussion on intakes just by searching that word for titles only.
http://www.ramforum.com/search/723354/?q=intake&o=relevance&c[title_only]=1

And here is 16 pages of discussion with the word "intake" in them.
http://www.ramforum.com/search/723394/?q=intake&o=relevance&c[node]=44

I rest my case.

Last edited:

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This forum isn't exactly the most active place you say? I also belong to one of the other Ram forums and there's a hell of a lot more going on here than there for sure. If there's a more "rockin" Ramforum out there please tell us about it as I'm sure we would all like to check it out. Hell the oil discussion thread on this forum is over 2K thousand pages by itself. That in itself speaks volumes.

Were on the same page. Fake new!!!! hahaha