Can not find a shock mount for the life of me!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Prete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys I am redoing the "front end" on my 06 2500 Ram 5.7. Shocks, springs, hubs, ball joints, brakes, you name it. Right now however I am missing a piece. I want to replace my shock mounts while I have it all apart because the stock ones are flaking and corroded. SO far the only thing I can find is a pricey low profile mount and mounts for dual shocks. I just want to replace the stock ones. I dont mind paying more, it does not have to be an OEM replacement but I don't have a need for a low profile mount. Anyone else find a good one they can suggest? I have honestly spent hours looking. I dont believe I am using incorrect terminology.

Thanks

Jim

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Is there away you can send a picture of what you are talking about.I kinda know but want to be sure.

OP
OP
James Prete

James Prete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll be happy to as soon as I get home from work. Appreciate it.

OP
OP
James Prete

James Prete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
my apologies for posting it in general...the description of exterior didn't seem to fit. Yeah What I found was better results when searching for a shock cup. Then I stumbled across the ones at a dealer site. I had previously been searching like crazy using things like shock mount, strut mount, shock tower, bracket. etc. etc. All based on how to videos I was watching and noting the terms they used. Thanks again guys. I rented the ball joint press today and popped those out, so I am moving along. Have taken a ton of pics so Ill have something to show for all the time and aching muscles lol

14RAM1500BG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad you found them. Mine were very rusty too. I bead blasted them , sanded them and painted them black and a few years later they were rusty again. Grrrr! I guess I could of had them powder coated but I wasn`t really that concerned about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam