Can the dealer enable DRL on a 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

odlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if the dealer can enable Daytime running lights on a 14 Express US version? My dealer doesn't know.
Thanks

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
I was looking for that thread the other day? It seems this comes up more and more.

Boulevardvette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Bully Dog tuner will do it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Sharp Charge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't understand the issue, I had the dealer activate them on my Charger, and it took less than 30 min with the starscan. It's the same electronics, I don't know why they would be different from different plants.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
I don't understand the issue, I had the dealer activate them on my Charger, and it took less than 30 min with the starscan. It's the same electronics, I don't know why they would be different from different plants.

Read the link. I know my Challenger can have them changed in 5 minutes with the Starscan tool... but the Ram's harness is different.

It's all in that link that's posted. I thought the same thing.

Bullydog Tuner? Ok... how many have turned them off and on with it? I've heard repeatedly that it can.... I just have never heard someone who's done it on a Ram?

RobbyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
DRL can be turn on with the wi tech. It'll turn on the parking lights as your DRL's.

Ramdave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Dealer can turn on your DRL's. Some are ignorant and some are lazy. They have to add the sales code to your build (VIN) then they have to flash your BCM with that particular sales code. If you have the projector headlights with the LED turn signals the sales code is LM5
Your amber parking lights will be your driving lights. For $160 and a little work you can get white ones with these https://www.diodedynamics.com/2013-2017-dodge-ram-switchback-led-boards.html
I don't see how you can do it with a tuner, software has to be downloaded into your BCM and then the option to turn them off and on will be in the options in your Uconnect.