Canada build and price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, to option up a Sport much like mine now, on a '18 would hover around the $60 msrp, on the '19 it's $72,700. Ouch. And that's with no e assist or a Harmon Kardon stereo either.
On a Laramie optioned as I would but with the 12" screen it hits $80,285. WOW!!!

OP
OP
B

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just for the heck of it I optioned out a top Limited with every Option I could click.... $87,430.
That is getting right into 3/4 ton Cummings.
I also think Ram dropped the ball, other than price increase, on the 12" screen. It's only on the Laramie and up...??? I know most models sold around here are SLT, Big Horn, and Sport. Why not offer the options on the meat and potato models??
Also noticed no 22" for the Sport??? Maybe I missed it? Noticed no "sport" package on the Laramie, so there is no way to get a 12" screen in a "sport looking" truck.
The e assist and Harmon Kardon stereo will no doubt add about $2500 to all above prices where they are offered... takes the loaded Limited to $90,000.
I think Ram may have priced out a lot of customers.

On Allpar there is an article on the TRX concept becoming reality sooner than later.... get ready to pony up $130,000 easy folks.
I know trudeau and wynn are screwing us all over something fierce, but did I miss something?? Did everyone get raises but me?? LOL

Correction, just saw the 22" Wheels for Sport, $670. Not offered on 4X4. Also noticed you can order anti slip diff AND electronic locking diff on the Sport, but can only pick one or the other on the Laramies

Last edited:

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just for the heck of it I optioned out a top Limited with every Option I could click.... $87,430.
That is getting right into 3/4 ton Cummings.
I also think Ram dropped the ball, other than price increase, on the 12" screen. It's only on the Laramie and up...??? I know most models sold around here are SLT, Big Horn, and Sport. Why not offer the options on the meat and potato models??
Also noticed no 22" for the Sport??? Maybe I missed it? Noticed no "sport" package on the Laramie, so there is no way to get a 12" screen in a "sport looking" truck.
The e assist and Harmon Kardon stereo will no doubt add about $2500 to all above prices where they are offered... takes the loaded Limited to $90,000.
I think Ram may have priced out a lot of customers.

On Allpar there is an article on the TRX concept becoming reality sooner than later.... get ready to pony up $130,000 easy folks.
I know trudeau and wynn are screwing us all over something fierce, but did I miss something?? Did everyone get raises but me?? LOL

Correction, just saw the 22" Wheels for Sport, $670. So now the Sport is $73,570.

I'm also really surprised they didn't offer the Sport with the option for the 12" screen....maybe they will for 2020.

OP
OP
B

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SOB, the lowest model is a Tradesman, starts at $42,095. Add 5.74X4 in a crewcab and it hits $49,790. Throw a few options/packages on and it hits $56,000. For the entry model!!!!! I know guys that bought current SXT's out the door for $32,000. Almost wish Ram didn't put up the build and price with the prices.... LOL

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The 12” screen is only offered in limited quantities as of right now, which is why it’s likely only for certain models. I imagine eventually it will be offered on other models.

Also keep in mind the prices on the website almost never line up with what the actual MSRP is. That being said they’re not gonna be cheap, and likely won’t be much incentives until the dealers are able to clear out old stock. Price goes up every year though, my 2014 sport has every option and sticker was just under 62k. My 17 the sticker was almost $67k and it was missing a couple options.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looks like the new equivalent of my truck adds almost 15k. 475 to upgrade to a 124l fuel tank? Off road package includes smaller tires? The laser cruise and electric locking diffs are new options that I like.

Eightd21

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
That's about 69.5k USD, which is a pretty hefty price tag. Though, unsurprising with the upwards trend of pickup and SUV pricing. I won't be surprised if we start seeing pickups pushed to 100K+ in the next decade as we've already seen with high end SUVs.
Can't wait to start seeing 'Osmium,' 'palladium,' and 'ruthenium' editions lol.

OP
OP
B

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I did a build and price on a Durango SRT just for fun, $85,000. Hellcat Challanger/Chargers aren't too much more. Of coarse driving them in our winters aren't as easy as a 4X4 Ram, but just putting the prices in perspective.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye