Can't get my truck to run.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjfjr34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9
Truck died one day and wouldn't start. After replacing 200 bucks worth of sensors no luck. I check the power to ASD relay and there is nothing. That ended up being a fuse so no worries. Downer is the ASD relay still remains opened and won't let power through. I jumped a wire from 30 to 87. Truck starts but runs rough and on sometimes when I turn my key off the truck will stay on. No check engine light. I did the trick of turning the key to on and off 3 times to get a code. Don't recall of the top of my head but it says something is wrong with the wiring to ASD and other fuses. Could this be the Fusible link? If so where are they located?

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Might be the PCM

OP
OP
M

mjfjr34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9
That's what I thought but the PCM still has a ground to the relay everything is powered up. But if a put a relay on it closes like it should but then opens back up. Like I said can't get any codes except the wiring issue code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
do you have a friend with same truck to try a different pcm? They can be tricky, with when they want to work or not.

texasrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
My truck has been doing the same thing for the past month. I've narrowed it down to the computer. Should be going to pick one up later today. I'll update this if all goes well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mjfjr34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9
Figured it out. Check out the cable going from the battery to the fuses

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Glad you made it work, connections can come loose over time. Always good to double check.

texasrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Glad to see you also got yours running. I forgot to update the other day. I threw a new computer in and it fired right up.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mjfjr34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9
I may have to. It starts now. I'm gonna try replacing the torque converter. It fires up. And idles but if I put it in gear it squeals and then dies. Unless I give it gas and kind of force to go.