Cap and Rotor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MudSlut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
Hey i dont know if really brands matter for this, but i want to replace my distributor cap, rotor, and spark plug wires and was wondering if anyone knows a good brand or type or whatever that would be good for me 2001 dodge ram 1500 with the 5.2l. It has a bunch of upgrades if that helps.

themoparkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Ive been using caps that have silver coated points. Cap and rotors from AZ or AAP usually carry a limited lifetime warranty.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I bought BWD Select cap, rotor and wires a couple years back from the local O'Reillys. The cap itself has brass contacts and my mechanic who installed them liked the overall quality. I change my spark plugs anually and so far, my truck has never failed to start. :)

Overall, I hold to "you get what you pay for" with parts, so just don't buy El Cheapo brand stuff and you should be fine.

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
doesnt mopar (or accel) have tune up kits for our trucks?

comes with cap/rotor/plugs/wires?

anyway, I usually get napa parts, i spend the little extra for their best and i have never been let down

if your doing a tune up, i suggest autolite 3923? plugs

I think thats the right number, but they made a noticeable difference with my truck!

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Any cap that has brass terminals will be best, a rotor is a rotor. Plugs I use Bosch copper, wires I use MSD 8.5 superconductor, ign coil I use MSD. Accel coils have a tendency to break down fast. The last two cap's I got from Mopar had Aluminum terminals not what I expected to see and did not by them.

aofarrell2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L (MDS)
I use NAPA's brass contact cap and rotor, and their 8MM blue spark plug wires.