carpet cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
my first tragedy..some jack hole cut me off this morning on the way to work and had to hit the brakes pretty hard to keep from running him over. End result..... a full cup of coffee ended up soaking in to my floor mats like a sponge....what do you guys use to clean floormats, carpet, etc?

CaliDodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Steam cleaner, I used a small little one that we use occasionaly in the house, let it dry all day (did it on a sunday morning) and it worked wonders made the whole interior smell and look a ton better, but if you just wanted to do the coffee spill area im sure you could be driving within that hour and it would be dry

OP
OP
S

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
well it had a touch of milk in it, i don't want it to end up stinking to high hell. The hazelnut coffee smells good for the time being. I may have to steam clean it.

mopar6spd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Ram 2500
Engine
5.9 Cummins
If you're not up for getting steam cleaner try Tuff Stuff and a scrub brush. That stuff works miracles.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Call your local steam cleaning company. When I worked steam cleaning carpets a few years ago we did cars all the time. There is a small wand attachment made for cars, and every good company should have one. I dont think we ever charged much more than 20$.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea man no problem, and you may be able to just drive the truck over to where they are at if they have a tight schedule or something, but this time of year they are usually hurting for business so you should be fine. Also if they do it, it should come out of the padding too so it wont linger.

BlackRam_305

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Same thing happened to me a while back, I had a local detailer I know steam clean my carpet. Turned out great!

StrokedHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.7 Stoker
Go to Home Depot and rent a Rug Doctor and get the hand wand for $3.00 more. Start with cold water first , you don't want hot water first it could make the proteins in the milk to set and stain . I do my truck about once a month , I stay away from the gallon jugs of commercial cleaners , I just use a small amount of Tide laundry with bounce . I figured it it is color safe for clothes , it is fine for my carpet . Good luck , hope it helps .

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For your floor mats, toss them in the washing machine. Do not put them in the dryer. The heat will cause the adhesive to come free. As far as the actual carpet...all the above are good suggestions. When I had my car detailing business, I used a hot water carpet extractor. You could also go to your local self serve car wash (odds are they have a carpet cleaner there)...I'd suggest pre-treating the carpet with some type of stain remover.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963