Carpet Color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corsair231

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'm about to replace the carpet in my '97 SS/T and need a little help from the community. My interior code is P1C3 which from what I have found should be the 40/20/40 Mist Gray interior. Several of the interior panels have tags on them that say mist gray as well. Should be an easy choice shouldn't it. The problem is the carpet is much lighter than the rest of the panels. I'm sure the carpet has faded over the years so I was prepared for it to be a little lighter than the replacement.
Anyway, while looking for replacement carpet it seems most places sell ACC carpets. I went to the ACC site and they show a Mist Gray carpet but when I search for the color by year it does not give that color as an option for '96-'98. It does list an Opal for '97. I ordered swatches of both colors to check. The Mist matches the carpet insert on the door panels to a tee but is much darker than any spot I can find on the floor, including the areas under the bolster and under the kick plates where the sun shouldn't have been able to fade it. The Opal matches the floor pretty well but is no where near the panel color.
Question is which color is correct? From my experience, most times the carpet on the doors match the floor but I think this carpet is original. I've not been able to find anywhere the carpet color is coded separate from the interior so I'm sorta stuck right now. This is by no means a show truck but it is a SS/T and I want it to be as correct as possible. Did the '97 Mist Gray interiors come with Opal carpet as a norm, do I just have a factory mistake, is ACC wrong on their colors, or what???

Thanks for the help.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Have your doors / panels ever been replaced? I have swapped carpets in trucks before for nicer ones from junkyard, if you are not original owner no way to know.

Personally if price is not an issue between the two I would go with the ones that match panels, would look cleaner to me.

Post some pics of the truck bet its sweet!