Carpet Shampoo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crroberts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone shampoo their interior carpet? I've been thinking about doing it. Just wondering what everyones thoughts were.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yup, do it all the time on all my vehicles, at least once per year.

I usually use Woolite Heavy Traffic carpet cleaner.

OP
OP
C

crroberts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been trying to talk myself into it. What's the best way to dry out? Do you just leave the doors open?

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yup...that's exactly what I do. I also place a fan at the front and rear doors and let them blow air through the cabin. It accelerates the drying process a lot.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With my old car I use to take out the carpet, power wash it, put carpet shampoo on it and brush it in good, then power wash again and let sit it on wooden horses to dry for server all days.

Since then I bought a bissell vacuum cleaner, hand held kind and I love it! I keep carpet in truck and just do that and keep doors open to dry. If I'm in a rush I put fans in, this year I'm going to then put some carpet protectant stuff on it so the dirt does soil in hard core.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i use upholstery spray foam.scrub it in with a brush and vac it out.works great.i l also use it on my boat carpet.if it cleans that it will clean anything.also no drying time or ****** smell.last time i had my truck detailed it smelled like carpet cleaner for almost 8 months.never again.i also invested in weathertec's