Carven Exhaust Install.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not really a Performance install .....the website says 8 hp gain and 23ft lbs of tq increase ..
. Pretty sure those #s only apply with other engine performance installs and not as a stand alone install ?

Well , I chose this muffler for sound only .

I listened to several sound bites on YouTube and after careful consideration I chose CARVEN Competitor Series.

I LOVE IT !

WHISH I COULD POST UP A VIDEO !

Last edited:
OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
7d3832b59168214373b83cd0ad723f05.jpg

fa52977b1dc45526190ac5be98df168d.jpg

4d4c133afa34680f08efd38fd81b7de2.jpg

Simple install , the video on the Carven website says it all !
Took me less than 1 hour .

Basically spray wd-40 or PB blaster on all 3 clamps , the compression rings and the rubber hangers .

☆☆☆NOTE☆☆☆
All nuts OEM & Carven are 15mm .

Pop off the rubber hangers from the pipes running aft of the muffler , loosen the two aft compression rings , then using the pipe and tips as your mechanical leverage wiggle & pull the pipe out of the muffler end compression rings . Now do the same to the ring fwd of the muffler .
Install the Carven muffler assy ( don't forget the bonding strap ) completely tighten the fwd most compression ring and( snug only ) the two aft compression rings , install all rubber hangers . Now align the tips center in the bumper cutouts and tighten the aft compression rings ....Done ....start it up and enjoy the DEEP Throaty not too loud Carven Exhaust

Hope this helps !

My truck = 2014 Ram 4x4 QC with approximately 43k

Last edited:

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
How is the sound/drone. I can't decide between this and the progressive version. I log log long trips, and don't really want something that is going to drone on and be annoying for several hours.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds great!

I wonder if they make a SI/SO in a 3" size.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How is the sound/drone. I can't decide between this and the progressive version. I log log long trips, and don't really want something that is going to drone on and be annoying for several hours.
I've only driven it for approximately 10 miles .... I'll have more info overall on drone and WOT soon .

Fwiw in my 10 miles I only heard my exhaust just being a bit louder ( in cab )

I am concerned with drone. , so I tried to make it drone @ 45 , 55 &65 mph .... I did not hear a Drone so far ... just an overall louder and VERY deep throaty sound so far .

Hope this helps !

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice! That's one that's on my list.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've only driven it for approximately 10 miles .... I'll have more info overall on drone and WOT soon .

Fwiw in my 10 miles I only heard my exhaust just being a bit louder ( in cab )

I am concerned with drone. , so I tried to make it drone @ 45 , 55 &65 mph .... I did not hear a Drone so far ... just an overall louder and VERY deep throaty sound so far .

Hope this helps !

Let me know what you find out. Under heavy throttle, loud is fine, but at cruising speeds I am looking for just a bit louder than stock with no drone. If that can be the competition, then great, that's what I want. If not I will just have to run the progressive.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Will do Sir , I'll know more tomorrow after a trip to & from work .

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My to wk trip is a bit less than 20 miles one way ,but it has some in town driving & about 8 miles of 55mph ( which I do about 65 then a bit more of 45 to 30 mph in town driving ..

I'm concerned with droan as well , my goal is to make it droan to the point I'll be trying something else exhaust wise .... so my test to satisfy me should suit you well Sir .

Will report back here tomorrow night .

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well on my trip to work this morning I put the truck into the (droan zone ) multiple times at varying speeds from 30 - 70 mph , honestly when your in that " droan zone " the exhaust does not sound bad at all imo !
To me it's a better sound even while in the droan zone ! It's a deep ( still having an exhaust cadence )
With the stock exhaust while in the Droan zone it sounded weak and as if it was struggling to me , with the Carven Competitor Series Exhaust I think it sounds FANTASTIC all around and while in the Droan Zone ...
At WOT It's like WOW ! WOW !

Hope this helps !

If anyone in the Bristol, Tn. Area wants to hear this exhaust prior to purchasing just PM me .

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well after driving it several times now , I'll say this .... if your going on long trips the added exhaust sound in the cab really isn't that bad and if your on flat ground just maintaining the speed of 65 - 75 at times you hear no exhaust at all , similar to stock , but if you breath on the gas pedal you will hear it .

Reactions: SyN

hankRam2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Tempting mod.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well after driving it several times now , I'll say this .... if your going on long trips the added exhaust sound in the cab really isn't that bad and if your on flat ground just maintaining the speed of 65 - 75 at times you hear no exhaust at all , similar to stock , but if you breath on the gas pedal you will hear it .

Nice job RLK! l Love the sound of the Carven exhaust on mine too!!!