Carven Progressive muffler just too loud.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnakers123

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or I'm just too old.

Either way, less than 100 miles on it and put the stock muffler back on. I'm going to list it in the for sale section. Oh, I can't. I don't have enough posts. Very disappointing. PM me.

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow another one.

Are these things really that much louder then they seem on YouTube?

I listened to hundreds of videos on YouTube trying to decide on a exhaust. I had thought this is what I was going to go with, no I'm questioning that ?

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
They are loud, but nothing like a straight pipe.

Its tough because youtube just dont do the muffle any justice.

Mnshooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Or I'm just too old.

Either way, less than 100 miles on it and put the stock muffler back on.

Asking $250 plus shipping or you pick up in Daphne, AL/ Mobile, AL area.

Ram Truck 1500 2009-2018 Direct Fit Muffler Replacement Kit “The Progressive Series" - RAM - Products

RAM TRUCK 1500 2009-2018 DIRECT FIT MUFFLER REPLACEMENT KIT “THE PROGRESSIVE SERIES"
Equipped with the Carven TR-Series Performance Muffler that unleashes performance and sound!

I had the same problem and sold mine. Put this on and love it.

https://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Exhaust/Heartthrob-Exhaust-System/_Item/_229900643

Mnshooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im suprised that system is quieter. Its basically just resonators on there from the looks of the pic

Don't go off of the pictures from that site. I just posted that webpage because it's the cheapest I could find when I bought mine. Its a muffler replacement kit similar to the Carven. Here is their website - Heartthrob Exhaust and Accessories Might be worth your time looking into carrying their products?

Here is a write up I did last year. http://www.ramforum.com/f44/heartthrob_exhaust_-_no_drone-97651/

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Now I wish I would have done more research and bought a Carven. Lol
I love my magnaflow but would love it to be little louder. Thinking about short tube headers some time in the future maybe?

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Or I'm just too old.

Either way, less than 100 miles on it and put the stock muffler back on.

Asking $250 plus shipping or you pick up in Daphne, AL/ Mobile, AL area.

Ram Truck 1500 2009-2018 Direct Fit Muffler Replacement Kit “The Progressive Series" - RAM - Products

RAM TRUCK 1500 2009-2018 DIRECT FIT MUFFLER REPLACEMENT KIT “THE PROGRESSIVE SERIES"
Equipped with the Carven TR-Series Performance Muffler that unleashes performance and sound!
This post will be deleted. Again, you obviously didn't read the for sale rules....and you didn't even put it in the right section. You have only 3 posts and you blew off the rest of the rules also.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I thought my Progressive without resonators was perfect...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad I'm not the only one! Sounds great but its super loud when you don't want it to be. Here is my install and sound clips. I already sold it after 1 week.

RamRMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Boosted-what did you end up replacing it with? I would like to upgrade my exhaust but do not want any drone or loud cracking just rumble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhann87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
im genuinely surprised. i have the Carven R performance muffler and Y pipe with the stock dual exhaust pipes and that thing is mean, like mean mean.