Carven progressive or competitors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jlh hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Alright guys, i have finally been given the green light from the wife to buy a Carven exhaust on pay day. I just cant settle on one. Im worried the progressive will be too quite, but then i worry the competitors will be too loud. I love loud exhausts so naturally i wanted the competitor series, my only thing is i tow my horses on 5hr trips to south Texas prettt frequent and i dont wamt my ears to bleed after 5hrs of 3k rpm. Second is i have a newborn baby and my wife would kill me if i woke him when i started my truck every morning. So is the progressive good enough to satisfy my need for noise, or do i need to get the competitors series and hope its not overly loud? Just for reference my last hemi had a slp loudmouth on it and thats about the noise level im trying to go for again.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Frequent 5 hr rides and a new born = 20" Maggy IMO

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Progressive and at times wish it was louder. I mean sure if I get on it then its loud. But once at speed its pretty unnoticeable. Basically I wish it was a bit louder at idle and while driving. Its loud enough while on it.

Either way love it, Carven is good stuff.

OP
OP
J

Jlh hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Im really leaning to the competitor serious. The last thing i would ever want is to think it wasnt loud enough. My last truck was a straight piped 6.7 cummins and at times i didnt think it was loud enough.

Bzubke1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have true dual with an h-pipe and no mufflers but the factory resonators are still in place. The only time it's loud in the cab is at 55-60 going up a slight hill. Under or over that speed it's fine. Cold start ups in the morning are pretty loud tho, with a muffler I think you'd be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
With how you are using the truck, I would go with the Progressive series. The Progressive is not quiet by any means, and I think you will appreciate it more while towing. If you decide you want more noise, then you can always remove the resonators, or upgrade to a longtube header as well.

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sound is very subjective. I just went with a progressive from stock. It’s loud enough for me. The wife said it wasn’t too loud and she hates everything, so......it does have a little bit of drone. The radio will cover up the sound of the muffler if you don’t want to hear it. It’s been too cold for windows down driving yet.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exhaust is so subjective. whats loud for some and isnt for others. The progressive is still pretty loud. i would normally say just do the competitor but that 5 hour ride with tow. how often do you tow? if alot then go progressive if its just once in a while go competitor.

You can find the Carven kits here and use CARVEN10 at checkout for your discount!!!

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was on the fence like you... got the competitor used from RLK and while its loud when cold starting it is not so insanely loud while driving. it will wake up the baby if the baby is sleeping right next to the exhaust when you start it up though... get the competitor

OP
OP
J

Jlh hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Thanks guys, after talkin it over with the wife (she understands my love for loud exhausts) i have decided im goin to go with the competitor, and if we decide its just too much then sell it and buy the progressive.

RamAz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had the competitor for 4,*** miles so far. I travel Phoenix to Yuma with a newborn once a week and she hasn’t woken up yet during the ride. Knock on wood. My 10 year old son loves the exhaust and my wife thinks it makes my truck “more manly” I personally like it. I wish i had long tubes and a cam for a proper sound. I personally don’t think they’re too loud. Then again my last dd was a full bolt on 06 GTO with spintech prostreet 9000’s.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have had the competitor for 4,*** miles so far. I travel Phoenix to Yuma with a newborn once a week and she hasn’t woken up yet during the ride. Knock on wood. My 10 year old son loves the exhaust and my wife thinks it makes my truck “more manly” I personally like it. I wish i had long tubes and a cam for a proper sound. I personally don’t think they’re too loud. Then again my last dd was a full bolt on 06 GTO with spintech prostreet 9000’s.

Lol yea my boy is almost two and he falls asleep faster in my truck than my wife’s quiet grand Cherokee. Def no worries in that area.

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is something about loud exhausts and kids sleeping. When I had my SRT8 challenger with the Zoomers it would put our daughter to sleep within minutes.