Carven progressive should be called Carven AGGRESSIVE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Who was in charge of naming these mufflers? Just installed the Carven progressive muffler on my truck last weekend. The truck sounds badass but holy $*%T is it ever loud.

I can't leave a stop light no matter how light I am on the pedal without the truck making a ton of noise. Starting the truck up in the morning the thing roars too. I like the sound but there is nothing progressive about it. The truck is loud right from startup, light driving, and just maintaining speed. When you see a cop and try to tread lightly past its nearly impossible to be quiet at any part of the throttle.

Only thing I will say is on the highway with 3.92 gears it does seem to be quiet around 70 mph when cruising on a flat not under load. Once you are up to speed and maintaining with no load you can keep the truck somewhat quiet but any type acceleration even lightly gets this thing booming again.

95% sure I am going to be removing this muffler. It's only a matter of time before I get pulled over for this exhaust, seriously!

Last edited:

Dirtyblackhoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Boosted...I thought the exact thing when I bought the muffler and installed it on my truck. I was in disbelief that it was so loud and almost obnoxious to me in the cab. I HATED the exhaust and thought it sounded like straight pipes. Give it a couple of weeks honestly. I bought a Corsa DB muffler to go on my truck about a week after I installed the Carven Progressive. Needless to say it is still sitting in the box, because the exhaust (Carven) has gotten to the point that it is hardly noticeable to me driving it.

Honestly give it a few weeks and let yourself get used to it. The only time mine is loud is 50-60mph (I believe due to 3.55 gears) and other than that I love it. I even let the wife drive it the other day and even when she was pulling off I was shocked at how it didn't seem loud at all anymore to me.

Last edited:

TTU14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's definitely louder than I thought it would be...but I went to the Progressive after driving around with a delete for 2 and a half years. Compared to the delete, the Progressive is quieter, but isn't quiet at all.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Boosted...I thought the exact thing when I bought the muffler and installed it on my truck. I was in disbelief that it was so loud and almost obnoxious to me in the cab. I HATED the exhaust and thought it sounded like straight pipes. Give it a couple of weeks honestly. I bought a Corsa DB muffler to go on my truck about a week after I installed the Carven Progressive. Needless to say it is still sitting in the box, because the exhaust (Carven) has gotten to the point that it is hardly noticeable to me driving it.

Honestly give it a few weeks and let yourself get used to it. The only time mine is loud is 50-60mph (I believe due to 3.55 gears) and other than that I love it. I even let the wife drive it the other day and even when she was pulling off I was shocked at how it didn't seem loud at all anymore to me.

Want to sell the Corsa exhaust??:naughty:

aladin_sane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

So what you are saying is that you have gone deaf from running a very loud exhaust?;)

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The progressives that I have heard were not loud enough to even think about being a problem with the police.

Are you sure it is the progressive and not the other ?

Dirtyblackhoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Want to sell the Corsa exhaust??:naughty:
Shoot me a PM because it seriously might be for sale
So what you are saying is that you have gone deaf from running a very loud exhaust?;)
Haha not at all. I just know going from OEM exhaust to anything aftermarket is always a HUGE difference. The radio at any volume COMPLETELY drowns out the exhaust.
The progressives that I have heard were not loud enough to even think about being a problem with the police.

Are you sure it is the progressive and not the other ?
There is no way that I can see a Progressive exhaust getting a ticket unless you were bouncing off the Rev limiter everywhere you went.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Op just make a short video and that way those in doubt will hear what you are referring to. :)

Father Of Four

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It is definitely the progressive muffler and its loud AF! Definitely ticket worthy. I made a install video I just need to record some after videos and edit everything.

This is WAY louder than my MBRP dual exhaust I had on my 2009 1500 5.7L

I'm no stranger to loud exhausts, I have pretty much straight pipes on my Viper but this is just a bit too much for my daily....

[yt]C5v5un_mmbU[/yt]

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Not sure where you live but I have this muffler and in no way could I be giving a ticket for it this muffler is just not that loud.

It loud but not even close to straight pipe loud.

Kgibson1315

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who was in charge of naming these mufflers? Just installed the Carven progressive muffler on my truck last weekend. The truck sounds badass but holy $*%T is it ever loud.

I can't leave a stop light no matter how light I am on the pedal without the truck making a ton of noise. Starting the truck up in the morning the thing roars too. I like the sound but there is nothing progressive about it. The truck is loud right from startup, light driving, and just maintaining speed. When you see a cop and try to tread lightly past its nearly impossible to be quiet at any part of the throttle.

Only thing I will say is on the highway with 3.92 gears it does seem to be quiet around 70 mph when cruising on a flat not under load. Once you are up to speed and maintaining with no load you can keep the truck somewhat quiet but any type acceleration even lightly gets this thing booming again.

95% sure I am going to be removing this muffler. It's only a matter of time before I get pulled over for this exhaust, seriously!
I would be interested in your progressive exhaust if u decide to sell.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the progressive on mine and the only time it is really loud is if you really get on it, and then it ain't bad, just sounds good. I'd say if you were trying to make it loud you'd be more inclined to get a ticket for reckless opp over excessive noise.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Did you happen to rip out all the carpet and sound deadening stuff out of your truck??!! No way it’s that loud, I have the competitor(r muffler) and I can barely hear it in cab with the windows up no matter how much throttle I’m giving it, and my hearing is perfect..

berylblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How long is the muffler body? You may have mistakenly been sent the straight through exhaust the "competitor" series. I think I have as well. It does mellow out after a few weeks however it's still pretty loud.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
lol I realize it may sounds like a crybaby thread but I'm serious this thing is ridiculously loud. I'm no stranger to loud exhausts but this is way up there.

I'll see if I can capture it on camera this weekend for you guys but as you guys know its always hard to accomplish in a recording.

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How long is the muffler body? You may have mistakenly been sent the straight through exhaust the "competitor" series. I think I have as well. It does mellow out after a few weeks however it's still pretty loud.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

No sir its definitely the progressive

Here is a pic of it
2zgvl7t.jpg

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yup it’s Progressive, I don’t blame you for pulling it if it isn’t for you. What’s next to replace it though ?

Father Of Four