Carven progressive should be called Carven AGGRESSIVE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I've had my progressive on for a year. I love the sound but sometimes I have to leave for work at 4AM... My neighbors haven't complained but I know they're just being nice. One of them actually likes hearing it early in the morning but he owns a Harley lol. I'll be reinstalling my factory muffler and adding a QTP cutout later. Hopefully someone in Northern VA will want to pick it up. Time permitting I'll have it up in the for sale section this weekend.

Also, I had no idea some states ticket you for loud mufflers. I've lived in VA since 2002 and never heard of such an infraction.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had my progressive on for a year. I love the sound but sometimes I have to leave for work at 4AM... My neighbors haven't complained but I know they're just being nice. One of them actually likes hearing it early in the morning but he owns a Harley lol. I'll be reinstalling my factory muffler and adding a QTP cutout later. Hopefully someone in Northern VA will want to pick it up. Time permitting I'll have it up in the for sale section this weekend.

Also, I had no idea some states ticket you for loud mufflers. I've lived in VA since 2002 and never heard of such an infraction.

If interested we do have a more mellow option from Solo Performance. It is a bolt in muffler kit just like Carven. Still has a great, deep tone but not nearly as loud

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
If interested we do have a more mellow option from Solo Performance. It is a bolt in muffler kit just like Carven. Still has a great, deep tone but not nearly as loud

Howdy Nick!

Firstly, thanks for getting the Morimoto fogs out to me! They work great!

I appreciate the heads up on your muffler but truth be told I like it loud! Lol
Therefore I’m leaning towards the cutout. Mild then wild at the push of a button! :D

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Howdy Nick!

Firstly, thanks for getting the Morimoto fogs our to me! They work great!

I appreciate the heads up on your muffler but truth be told I like it loud! Lol
Therefore I’m leaning towards the cutout. Mild then wild at the push of a button! :D

You are welcome. glad you like them!

I dont blame you there. I like it loud too!:favorites13:

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting - Solo is literally just up the road from me. I considered them when I had my challenger SRT8 but ultimately went with Zoomers (now that was Loud, but awesome). It snapped, it popped, it gurgled, it gave me a ***** every time I started it. But, that was not a DD. I bet the Solo is very good sounding and I would also bet there is less drone there too. I may have to check that option out.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting - Solo is literally just up the road from me. I considered them when I had my challenger SRT8 but ultimately went with Zoomers (now that was Loud, but awesome). It snapped, it popped, it gurgled, it gave me a ***** every time I started it. But, that was not a DD. I bet the Solo is very good sounding and I would also bet there is less drone there too. I may have to check that option out.

Sounds we need some vids of that challenger to listen to lol

The solo performance catback and muffler kit have a nice deep tone that is mild. It definitely opens up and can get loud but it is pretty tame during cruising. As for drone I haven’t had enough customer feedback to say as it’s a new product for us but solo says no drone and from what I have heard so far it’s drone free for the most part. Definitely is a great option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nick that is how they advertised their SRT8 exhausts as well. They had some 'j pipe' or something that was somewhat adjustable and it would eliminate drone. I never had any that I noticed on the Zoomers so I never thought about it. My guess is I wouldn't mind the Carven at all and if the neighbors did ever complain I could just take it off. But they never said anything about the SRT8. Unfortunately I do not have sound clips but they are all over the net. I am telling you, just coming to a stop and downshifting it had some of the most glorious pops and cracks ever. Like it was pissed off you were slowing down. LOL. I remember being on a golf course and my wife had it out and I immediately looked at my buddy and said "that's my car" - it was about 30 seconds later she drove by. LMAO.

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
besides this carven the only other one I have tried is dynomax in my ford 5.4 and I liked that sound wasn't too loud

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok so.......

i noticed im not turning any heads so i thought is this really that loud???

so i drove to my friends house he has a 16 ram 1500 blackout 5.7 he LOVES MY carven

i asked him to drive my truck normal then step on it a few times... while i stood in his driveway listening... i can tell u that the sound you hear jnside is NOTHING like what you hear outside. it sounds badass from the sidewalk and is NOT loud at all!!!

from inside the truck however that is another thing alltogether... so now im on a quest to eliminate cab noise and keep this exhaust...

insulation behind rear seat??
add high flow filter??
find one of those j pipes??

suggestions please!?

Last edited:

Jeremy Reed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All this talk and here I am still waiting on delivery and my poor ears are sitting around all kinds of bored from this factory exhaust lol