Center Caps Dont Fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey everyone. I purchased some center caps from the junk yard today for my 84 D150. The caps were obviously a newer model ram but I thought I'd try them out anyway. Of course, they didn't fit, no surprise there. The holes on the caps are too far apart for the lugs on my steel rims. So the caps are to big. Do you guys have any suggestions on how I could attach them anyway? Makeshift methods are welcome.. I just want to have the caps on for a day or so and see how they hold up. I attempted to thread a fishing line around through the holes to secure them but it is very hard to get under and behind the rim to loop it through and stuff.

No rush, this is by no means an urgent problem haha

Thanks

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
as long as you have the same type of rims they should go on. sometimes they need a light tap to get them on. don't want running a way while driving down the highway.

OP
OP
Y

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well the thing is, they weren't made for this size of rim. The caps are for a bigger rim so the lugs don't line up with The holes. I just don't want to have to buy new rims to find nice big beefy center caps that will fit so I'm wondering if there's an alternative way to install these ones