Center Console fianally installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattydipps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
does anyone know of a bezel that will work with the 5.0 radio ? i mostly see pictures of the 8.4 radio and bezel..

mattydipps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
and on a side note, has anyone done this with the 2015 express? will the center consoles from a 09-13 work ?

motley1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In the middle of doing this now and trying to figure out how to get the new duct piece into place under the dash. Does anyone have a pic of how that connecting piece goes in? Doesn't seem to be any room to even reach the duct under the dash that needs to be cut.

383ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco
looks nice! I'm looking to do the opposite :)

I'm looking to trade my 2015 center console for a bench if anyone is interested.

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
^ Where You at?

motley1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll be selling my gray jumpseat and the dash trim pieces too once I get this console in. Should be within a few days.

motley1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I finally finished getting the new center console in and I'm happy with it. A few points I wanted to add in case anyone runs into some of the same issues I ran into:

1. The part you cut out for the new duct work is outlined on the existing ductwork so all I did was drill some big holes all around and used a razor knife to cut it out.

2. Fitting the new connecting duct piece in was hard to figure out at first especially since I didn't notice that you can take it apart into two pieces. I fit the one piece in then used self tapping screws to secure it, then snapped the second piece in.

3. I'm not sure if you can attach the front bracket before putting the new duct pieces mentioned above in. If not, plan on taking a few minutes to get the driver's side nut and bolt on. I got it but it felt like I wouldn't be able to get my finger out and I had a couple plastic cuts to show for my efforts.

4. To get the jump seat out, I had to unbolt the passenger's seat to be able to get to the nuts that are by the front of the passenger's seat as well as the one that is underneath on the passenger's side of the jump seat. I may have had an easier time but I didn't realize that almost every nut is a different size so when I thought I wasn't getting a bite on it, it was because all the nuts were different sizes so I was using the wrong socket. That might have been my problem, but either way, the front bracket nuts are hard to reach.

5. There was almost no slack in the wiring under the driver's seat and the wiring under the new console to get everything connected. I had to pull the wiring in the console out from the clips that held them to the top of the inside of the console and cut off the electrical tape that held the 3 connectors together to get them to reach.

Hopefully these points will help if anyone else gets stuck along the way like I did. And a big thank you to Bobbo7915 for sending me his cell # so I could ask him every time I ran into a problem, which was pretty much all the points I listed. And since I just did this, if anyone has any questions, just send me a PM.

Ben

GYSOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
looks nice! I'm looking to do the opposite :)

I'm looking to trade my 2015 center console for a bench if anyone is interested.

I am interested, where are you located?

shthpns22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 RCSB Express... :rockit:

20141030_161744.jpg

Nice work!

motley1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If anyone is interested in a gray jump seat, mine is in perfect condition and I also have the bezel, brackets and bottom trim for the lower dash that I'll sell as a package. Basically everything you'd need to convert to a jumpseat.

tom Fenwick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this post is old but are the rear and front brackets the same part #

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score