Center Console Install Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So, I picked up a Center Console Assy from Casey at Fodor Auto Parts and am going to install it next week. The Console is out of a 2016 and is going into a 2017 CC Express. It looks like all the plugs from under the seat will plug right in after a little rerouting on the console, which should not be a problem, lots of wire. Doesn't look like I'll have to splice anything, I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

1. What do I do with the wires and plugs from the USB and cig lighter on the dash now? It does not look like they get reused, I just tuck them up under the dash?

2. How does the center console heating duct attach? I do currently have heat in the back. The console has the duct work and I have the adapter on order. Is it simply a matter of disconnecting the existing duct and reattaching the new duct? Do I have to remove the existing duct work from under the seat? I'm really hoping there is no cutting & splicing of the duct work. :(

I did read through every thread on here that I could find, including this one, http://www.ramforum.com/threads/2015-center-console-swap-diy.81119/

Thanks for any info you can provide.

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
you have to remove the duct from under the carpet if i remember correctly. also the wiring is under the driver seat right now for the input jack and usb. i just moved the wires to right by the center of the dash. there was enough slack to move it (just have to snake it under the carpet). was terribly hard did it when i first got my 2016.

OP
OP
WTM75

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I haven't started disassembly yet but it is looking like everything is going to plug and play. I have already rerouted the wires to the left side of the console, so they will re plug under the seat. I am hoping that once I remove the existing a/c duct from under the carpet, the console duct will just plug right in with the adapter.

OP
OP
WTM75

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I got mine from Casey at Fodor Auto Parts. They were selling on eBay and I called to ask some questions and ended up buy right over the phone for a better price than on eBay. The Item was perfect and Casey gave some info on doing the swap. No association other than a very happy customer.

OP
OP
WTM75

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I got the console from Casey at Fodor Auto Parts, he was great to deal with, think I paid $400 or 450 shipped for the complete console. One of the side pieces got cracked during shipping, he replaced it, no questions ask. I called him direct, instead of going through eBay and he gave me a better price. Only other thing I had to buy was the center bezel. Completely changes the feel of the interior!

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did it include the mounting brackets on the floor and the dash? That is a great deal! I will have to contact him and see if he has any more.

OP
OP
WTM75

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Did it include the mounting brackets on the floor and the dash? That is a great deal! I will have to contact him and see if he has any more.

No, I think they were $30 for both. I printed off an Internet price and my local dealer matched all the prices for the center bezel and the brackets.