Ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If means less car washes, UV protection, and a new car shine all the time, I'll pay that much.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Maybe if they get one that can't scratch them I'm game

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a ceramic coating professionally done on four of mine and my wife's past vehicles and in all cases it was because they were black vehicles.

The two products I've experienced are CQuartz Finest and Opticoat Pro.

My experience has been that they are not worth the money on any vehicle except maybe a black one.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO it all depends on how you keep your truck, how long your going to keep your truck, and how much your willing to do to keep your truck in top shape. If you routinely like to wash and polish/seal and wax your truck and you live in an area that you can do it year round then a coating may not be for you. If you just clean your truck kinda hit or miss or live in an area that your unable to routinely clean your truck because of weather or some other circumstances, but still like your truck to look good with a minimum of effort then maybe a coating might be a good thing to consider.
Jay

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Does this bead or sheet the water? We have crappy water and unless I get the water off soon from the hose down, it almost takes a claybar to get the spots off.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:Caffeine:Thanks for the information >>MOPAR FANATIC 21<< now I just got to sweet talk the old lady into it
I don't know if you were thanking me, but if you are you're welcome! :) I personally haven't used ceramic coatings. I thought about it when I repainted my Charger and didn't. Now that I'm repainting my 2nd gen Ram I am thinking about it, but probably won't lol

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
IMHO it all depends on how you keep your truck, how long your going to keep your truck, and how much your willing to do to keep your truck in top shape. If you routinely like to wash and polish/seal and wax your truck and you live in an area that you can do it year round then a coating may not be for you. If you just clean your truck kinda hit or miss or live in an area that your unable to routinely clean your truck because of weather or some other circumstances, but still like your truck to look good with a minimum of effort then maybe a coating might be a good thing to consider.
Jay

Perfectly said.

With all things there are pros and cons and it’s not for everyone. To install ceramic correctly you should make the paint looks it’s absolute best before coating. That’s where the money comes into play. If a detailer does a two step paint correction that’s where your money is going. Not so much the coating itself. That’s also why it’s normally recommend to have it professionally done, paint correction is an art form

RayB57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I applied a ceramic coating to my 2017 Laramie when it was new and it was a very easy application. Remove any wax that may be on the exterior with the remover on the first step and then follow the directions. Light buffing after you see the rainbow effect and that's all there is too it. My results were outstanding but keep in mind the truck finish was new at the time.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have experience with products meant for matte paint, that doesn't make it glossy?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Does anyone have experience with products meant for matte paint, that doesn't make it glossy?

I had a matte vinyl wrap. I used the matte detailer sprays that worked well. I’m sure if you read more on a detailer forum you’d find info. When I had mine the product market wasn’t half of what it is today with coatings etc.
EC1EC43E-7884-4CA3-AC02-4444844DB502.jpeg

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a matte vinyl wrap. I used the matte detailer sprays that worked well. I’m sure if you read more on a detailer forum you’d find info. When I had mine the product market wasn’t half of what it is today with coatings etc.
View attachment 168278

Yeah I've been searching around some of the detailer forums, came across a couple of products that may fit the bill.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great!!! If more businesses treated people like that there would be a lot less threads on this forum complaining about ****** treatment and service.
Jay