Check gas cap light is on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Millnoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 14, 6.4 2500, and my check gad cap light jeeps coming on. Broight it into the dealer and they said it needed a gas tank pressure sensor. Replaced that and reset the code, and the light came on a few days later again. Tried changing the gas cap also with the same results.

Any suggestions?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine did this, along with an evap code. I just ran some shell, chevron gas and it cleared in a day. The dealer told me it could of been contaminated fuel. Any truth to this..sure, but for my scenario I dunno.

bigdodge

Reaction score
I have had this issue. One thing I noticed is it seemed more prone to happen if I added too much after the pump shut off. Another thing I started doing is pushing down on the cap and turning. I think the torque release of the cap isn't allowing u to tighten it enough. Also make sure the cap tether isn't pulling it loose when u close the door.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MasonD21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HemiWagon
Also make sure the cap tether isn't pulling it loose when u close the door.
I had this issue with an older vehicle. Snipped the tether and replaced it with paracord and didn't have a problem since. My new truck has the same style, and I've noticed when I close my fuel door sometimes the tether swivels the wrong way and could cause it to loosen the gas cap if attention wasn't paid.

Great tip!