Check out my new Aluminum 468 for my Daytona

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
So far it doesn’t look difficult, but of course all I’ve done was get the 4l80 built and about to drop off the transmission and tied bellhouse off to get machined into the transmission. Then I’ll take the whole truck to get a custom crossmember and get the driveshaft measured for a custom one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok. I was trying to get an idea between this swap and a 46rh swap. This looks a lot harder then.

OP
OP
Lethal Hemi

Lethal Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ok. I was trying to get an idea between this swap and a 46rh swap. This looks a lot harder then.
Supposedly the 46rh is easily but I couldn’t find many options on converters and I know a 4l80 can handle a lot more power from what I read.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Understandable. I won’t have near the same amount of power, so I won’t have to worry about it. Looking forward to following it though! Good luck

OP
OP
Lethal Hemi

Lethal Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Understandable. I won’t have near the same amount of power, so I won’t have to worry about it. Looking forward to following it though! Good luck
Thanks! I’m sure I’ll eventually change out this set up for something with some boost for over 1k rwhp

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Yeah, it's the same reason I went with the 4L80 over the a518/46rh. At least you'll be able to get your PCM flashed to a manual and have fewer headaches because of it, plus the 3rd gens have lots of experience swapping GM transmissions behind them at this point. Were you ever able to find a manual PCM?

OP
OP
Lethal Hemi

Lethal Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yeah, it's the same reason I went with the 4L80 over the a518/46rh. At least you'll be able to get your PCM flashed to a manual and have fewer headaches because of it, plus the 3rd gens have lots of experience swapping GM transmissions behind them at this point. Were you ever able to find a manual PCM?
Haven’t got to that point yet. My focus is getting it installed right now. I plan on getting a Holly EFI system so curious how that is going to interfere with the pcm for a manual trans

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
@Lethal Hemi What sifter are you thinking about going with? And do you think you can get away with a 1 piece driveshaft?

OP
OP
Lethal Hemi

Lethal Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
@Lethal Hemi What sifter are you thinking about going with? And do you think you can get away with a 1 piece driveshaft?
TCI outlaw looks cool and I think it will be good? U don’t think so? On a single cab

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
TCI outlaw looks cool and I think it will be good? U don’t think so? On a single cab

Will anyone doing these crazy builds try mid mounting their transmission? I wanna see it done. It'll be a big plus for weight distribution. Especially on a 4x4.

Would it be easier to do with a manual trans?

Sent from my magic 5-inch

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I liked the Outlaw enough to get it for my swap. I should think you can get away with a 1 piece but I was curious if you had done any measurements yet.

OP
OP
Lethal Hemi

Lethal Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Will anyone doing these crazy builds try mid mounting their transmission? I wanna see it done. It'll be a big plus for weight distribution. Especially on a 4x4.

Would it be easier to do with a manual trans?

Sent from my magic 5-inch
Yes but a truck with 600+rwhp will not run as good at the track vs a good auto trans with a good converter. No one can outshift a auto IMO

OP
OP
Lethal Hemi

Lethal Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I liked the Outlaw enough to get it for my swap. I should think you can get away with a 1 piece but I was curious if you had done any measurements yet.
U have pic of it installed? I think your the guy CHRIS is talking about when he helped me with the info for the 4l80. I plan on doing the measurments when I take it to get the custom crossmember made

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Chris' been bugging me about my swap for a while so he was happy when I did the how-to.

http://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-4th-gen-ram-gm-transmission-4l80e-swap.112665/

You should be able to just modify your factory trans crossmember, I used an old notch kit I had laying around welded onto the factory member and it worked perfectly. My driveshaft length ended up being 84" long with the quad cab, the reg cab is ~16" shorter so you may be able to get away with one but you'd need to be sure the material used will handle the critical speed if you decide to run a short set of tires.

OP
OP
Lethal Hemi

Lethal Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Chris' been bugging me about my swap for a while so he was happy when I did the how-to.

http://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-4th-gen-ram-gm-transmission-4l80e-swap.112665/

You should be able to just modify your factory trans crossmember, I used an old notch kit I had laying around welded onto the factory member and it worked perfectly. My driveshaft length ended up being 84" long with the quad cab, the reg cab is ~16" shorter so you may be able to get away with one but you'd need to be sure the material used will handle the critical speed if you decide to run a short set of tires.
Yeah that’s what he is going to do just like he did when I was planning a Nag1 swap but that changed quickly..lol

OP
OP
Lethal Hemi

Lethal Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
U have a picture of it installed?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
OP
OP
Lethal Hemi

Lethal Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
That looks awesome!

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes aluminum 468! 7.6L
I was saying 426 because I had a huge grudge race against someone but it’s not going to happen now and just post the truth. It’s just sounds so damn good saying 468 and knowing I’m the 1st to do one in a Dodge Ram

So why lie about it ???

If ya have to lie to win.......