Chem guys wheel coat max guard is amazing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like it works great, I’m just afraid it’ll turn my satin wheels glossy. I need to compare that reflection to mine

ABSOLUTELY does not need to be this product, lots of wheel sealants out there to choose from but id definitely get a good sealant on those perty rims of yours sooner then later just to at least protect the finish. I really wish i had when they were new because the finish now is nowhere near what they were when they were brand new. i live and i learn lol

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to add a little before and after application now that I did the 4runner. These wheels are flat black, not satin but you get the idea. Before:
1103eb7a55fccdafa4e857bb59d25bf0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After application
0294b5fecb1c7494801e4d9a061bcce7.jpg

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ABSOLUTELY does not need to be this product, lots of wheel sealants out there to choose from but id definitely get a good sealant on those perty rims of yours sooner then later just to at least protect the finish. I really wish i had when they were new because the finish now is nowhere near what they were when they were brand new. i live and i learn lol

What other options are there out there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
So what do you guys say! Worth it or not? Looking for some sealant/coating for my Fuel Hostage wheels. They clean up, then look like crap a few hours later. Brake dust is tough to get off while cleaning too. Looking for something to help make it easier to get wheels clean and stay clean....

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What other options are there out there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor boys wheel sealant, rejex, finishkare 1000p, GTechnique wheel armour just to name a few. if you google "wheel sealant" you will find lots of products. which ones are made for certain applications or gloss or matte finishes etc youll have to look into. The chem guys one is safe on every kind of wheel finish, i dont know about any others this is the only one ive used to be fair

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what do you guys say! Worth it or not? Looking for some sealant/coating for my Fuel Hostage wheels. They clean up, then look like crap a few hours later. Brake dust is tough to get off while cleaning too. Looking for something to help make it easier to get wheels clean and stay clean....

20 bucks to protect the finish on your rims, make em stay cleaner longer, easier to clean (dont expect a rinse to clean rims like some people do lol its not made by gandolf the grey) give em a nice shine and lasts up to 8 months AND has about 25 applications worth or so in 1 20 dollar tub..... yeah id say its worth it lol

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ive done 2 sets of 20" rims and the 4runners 17's and honestly can HARDLY tell ive used any out of the tub

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

im willing to bet if you apply it on your hostage wheels you will have a nice smile as soon as you wipe it off..... then after a week still be smiling like i was. but again, theres other products also... im sure Adams has stuff as well and ive only heard good things about there products also

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Thanks for info. I’m gonna try it. So it doesn’t make matte wheels glossy? Herd to tell from your pics. Looks like didn’t change the finish at all.

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for info. I’m gonna try it. So it doesn’t make matte wheels glossy? Herd to tell from your pics. Looks like didn’t change the finish at all.
So, it does change the finish a hair by adding more shine... that shine fades after about a week or so. My satin rims it shined up more then the matte. But don't think it'll turn it to gloss lol it definitely won't, and if your rims are matte like my TRD then it just barely adds anything.... I'll update pics of both vehicles right now I'm in my garage lol

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My satin rims, they haven't been outside since my last wash746e57e963d7bf2a457d1e19b85f83ec.jpg

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My matte black rims, washed on Saturday I believe (whenever I posted the picture of the before and after) driven daily since 85165a21aa0b9b5c5ca7e7a9b068ec91.jpg

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pics are right now as they sit

EDIT: Satin rims still look satin and matte still look matte.... just a hair shinier then usual

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Put it on today...it does put a nice shine on the wheels. Little bit of a pain to get off if you put it on thick in spots. The green residue got down in creavis’s and down inside chrome Allen bolt heads. Wheels do look nice. We’ll see how it holds up this week?

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put it on today...it does put a nice shine on the wheels. Little bit of a pain to get off if you put it on thick in spots. The green residue got down in creavis’s and down inside chrome Allen bolt heads. Wheels do look nice. We’ll see how it holds up this week?
A Q-tip works great in those Allen heads on the center caps. I did remove my caps to apply on the whole outter wheel surface though. I'm gunna thoroughly clean the inside (backside) of my rims and apply as well here soon as I've neglected the backs. Only real thing I've found just slightly disappointing is it does not help prevent any water spots, but maybe that's kinda asking to much I don't really know. Post up a update here after a bit will ya?

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ahhhh good idea!! Didn’t think of the q-tip trick...Thanks. Yeah I thin it’s a good product. I think next time I might remove my wheel and do the ENTIRE rim. Inside and out. It didn’t change my finish that I noticed, if it did was only a hair difference. Seems like it will be good product. Honestly my clean wheels only lasted a couple days. So we’ll see how it works. I’ll keep ya posted! Thx for post, pics n details....

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I guess I can add a little bit of experience to this. I have used it on my wheels since I bought them 2.5 years ago. I apply it twice a year (spring/fall) and it makes my wheels extremely easy to clean. I spray them with a wheel cleaner and lightly agitate and they still look brand new.
This is what the inside of the lip looked like when I rotated them in April. This would have been right at the two year mark (including 1 Wisconsin winter)
17883697_10154498807233225_5952233752519725462_n.jpg

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I will say mine has seemed to have separated but still works. It just looks gross. I believe it may have been from being stored in a garage that was not heated.