choppy front tire wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tservice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What causes the choppy even wear on these trucks? I have noticed this on different years.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
poor alignment, i know its more of an issue or ate least used to be on front wheel drive cars.

Also rotate your tires often

OP
OP
T

tservice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have seen it no brand new rams. The tire shop can not find any thing wrong. I have just been putting up with it. But it is just aggravating.

2003MOPAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've seen this too. It's also called cupping. If the alignment is OK then another option could be shocks.

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
^^ what he said. I use to do tires in a sears and I would say 98% of the time it was alignment or shocks whenever we saw un even wear. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but i think goodyear shops have a life time alignment you can buy. Start with that and if it is not fixed go for the shocks. Also rotate rotate rotate!!!!

OP
OP
T

tservice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It does not wear outside to inside. rather front to back. If you know what I mean. If not I will create a visual to help out.