Clay Bar VS Clay Mitt VS Clay Block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Anybody ever use two or all three of these that can give an honest comparison? Chemical Guys sell the Clay Mitt and Clay Block and claim their awesome but they are also trying to sell them. The ability to rinse them off if dropped rather than being thrown away sounds good. I have never used any of the three so I have nothing to go off of. The clay mitt kit is kind of pricey also.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've used both a "Nano" towel and a clay bar. The Nano works fine if your surface is not real trashy. The clay bar works better if you are dealing with a dirtier surface--IMHO. You can also get different levels of clay bars however if you use anything other than the "fine" clay bar I would be worried about marring or small scratches that would have to be corrected. The Nano towel can also be washed out if you drop it, however if I ever drop my clay bar I just throw it away and use another one. I have not heard anything about the clay block or seen any reviews on it. You might check over on autopia to see if there is any info about it over there.
Jay

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate the mit, hate hate hate it. Ive used them and they do a decent job the first time. They hold garbage so it ends up making spider webs in the paint. Clay bar works great on removing trash from the paint and needs to be done right. Watch videos, get a hold of Adams the chemical guy here and ask him.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just pick up a new Simonize Clay Bar from O'Reiley's every second or third use. For $8, can't complain as it works just as good as the more expensive ones.

bjohnston0624

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have nanotech pad and claybar.

Claybar is better for dirtier surfaces

Nanotech is pretty good from what ive seen and its ease of use is a lot easier than clay

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I watched a video for the Adams clay mit and he says it's not a replacement for a clay bar

popjim52

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Tradesman 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered the Clay pad that goes on the machine, I am very curious as to how this turns out.Chemical Guys - Clay Eraser Disc, Blue (Fine) - 6 inch
I have been a Automotive Refinisher for 30 years so I do know a thing or two, I also am 50 some years old and this is a whole lotta truck to claybar by hand, so I thought I'd give it a try.. Let you know how it turns out after using it..
I also want you all to know I use all ADAMS POLISHES, so this is out of the norm for me..

Last edited:
OP
OP
averageguy

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Definitely let us know how it goes. I get tired of being the guinea pig for trying new detailing products. I have a cabinet full of products to prove it.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Personally a big fan of clay bar and a spray bottle of detail spray. I have used the mitt, and I had the tendency to rush when I used it. Never used a clay block, but given the great results I get with the bar, no desire either.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's brave. I clayed my truck on Thursday and it only took an hour :p I understand wanting something faster.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thread bump since Jay (Pull Ya) mentioned jumping into this side of the forum and pics for attention. I'm looking at Larry's AMMO NYC Youtube channel for tips and tricks but in the meantime can someone please school me more on Nanoskin? I've always done clay but haven't done it in the past 9 months, lazy I guess. The last cleanup was with a demo Nanopad a coworker used real quick, then I polished and waxed this week.
36716501410_7992f5d18a_k.jpg

37112986115_8bc79235ea_k.jpg

(Unless this should be a topic of it's own? Searched and this seems the best topic/thread.)

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe if you use a Nano on one fender and then use a clay bar on the other fender and then use the "baggy test" to check the results. As I said, I have used the Nano before when their wasn't a lot of crap on the surface and it did a good job. After a week's vacation this summer, parking under pine trees for a week, I tried the nano towel and it didn't do as well as the regular clay bar. I agree that the nano is a lot easier to use and it's a lot faster also. You can also wash the nano out if you happen to drop it and continue to use it, whereas if you drop a piece of clay bar you need to just throw it away. I like having both available, as they both do a good job in their own way.
Jay

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn