Cleaning 22" factory wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RagingCrayon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your Mom
My RT ive ordered has the polished forged aluminum 22s. Whats the process for shinning/cleaning them? Are they factory clearcoated so you would treat them as you would your paint? Ive heard stories of guys using metal polishes unknowingly on clearcoated wheels and screwing them up.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am using Mothers aluminum/mag polish and let me tell you with the drill spinning the Meguires cone my rims are starting or already (I am being conservative) looking like chrome. My R/T is a toy so it stays inside on rainy/snow days. I will take it for a spin in the winter if the roads are dry dry dry.

Here's what I do but everyone is different,

Being dirt free and only a light coat of dust/brakedust I just use Meguires detail spray with a micro fibre

I then double dry the rims

Time for the drill and cone

I apply the Mothers to the cone using very small amounts and apply to one section at a time and wipe off the polish, them on to th next section.

Now iffin you are a clean freak you will take your rims off several times a year and do the same treat to them.

I will say occasionally I take a micro and wipe out the insides of the rim while detailing the truck.

I still remember years ago a fella with a yellow gleaming Vette put his car in the show. Everything looked fabulous as far as the paint tires and rims until I bent down and sure enough he had a crop of carrots/potatoes and some other veggie I could not identify. I am the guy that spends a day detailing under the R/T and oh while the rims are off you might as well address the plastic in the wheel wells.

Hope some of my suggestions have helped, if not that's ok. Cheers

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not a problem, tech wise I will admit I am an idiot but my cleaning skills (trained by Mom and the Army) are number one. I have waxed/polished/clayed/washed complete strangers vehicles (back in the day) including a doctors Seville. People always wanted to pay me but I refused but they had to promise me that in the future they would keep their vehicles cleaner. After that when a neighbour asked if I could do their vehicle I said sure but I will charge you a couple of cans of Coke Cola. Now to the last few years/present if someone asks me to scare them off I say sure but I need 300.00, that scares them off. The reason for the new charge is I barely have the strength to do our two vehicles. I just hope someone says ok to the 300.00 dollars, I would have to figure how to wiggle out of that situation.

Oh if you have a garage take your time, play the tunes have have a soda or two, no alcohol as you will start making mistakes or taking short cuts as you consume more and more intoxicants lol

OP
OP
R

RagingCrayon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your Mom
Lol. I think you and I are similar. I keep the underside of my truck as clean as the top. I paint my frame/suspensions a day after I buy a new truck...stuff thats already painted and nobody will see anyways. Im crazy I know.