clicking in dash behind glovebox on new 2018 Longhorn???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
so my new truck is already back at the dealership. Every so often, especially when I start up the truck, some actuator or something is clicking very loudly for a few moments. Others have reported the same issue...some air conditioning actuator or something they suspect.

I'm wondering how many others have the same issue with their trucks?

The dealer said they couldnt' find anything or hear anything...I INSISTED they go sit in the truck for a bit and wait. Well...they did and now they have a video of it so the truck is still there being looked at. I hope they can fix it. A new $70,000.00 truck should not have noise in it like this. Sounds like a wood ****** is in the dash.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
blend door actuator?

18ram18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I have it. (2018 bighorn) Was concerned until I did a google search and found it's the actuator motor. It is annoying when showing off your new truck and a wood ****** sound emits from your dash.

AT129

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have that issue as well happens when I turn off the truck.
2017 ram 1500 sport

OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well my truck is fixed at least. Took them 4 days to do it...they had to remove the entire dash to get to it but it's an issue that Chrysler KNOWS about. The blend door was made slightly too large so it needed to be shaved down. No more woodpecker which is good....plus they gave me $300.00 credit card for my troubles. FYI most dealers will deny it being a known issue...but if you contact the Service Manager at Country Side Dodge in Essex, Ontario, Canada he will help you.