Clockspring failure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonx4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Quick question, do clock springs partially fail? Cause my truck has 150,XXXmi and the cruise control does not work at all. No light, buttons arent lit up(are they supposed to be?), and the air bag light is on.

Everything Ive read mentions the horn not working, but thats the kicker... mine does! Flawlessly, even while sawing the wheel back and forth.

So what do you think? Look elsewhere? Or partial failure?

Thanks!

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
maybe a fuse is broken? have you checked for any codes for the air bag light?

OP
OP
J

jonx4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
I couldnt find a fuse in the panel in the dash, nor the one under the hood. I searched google, and a couple of answers said that it got its power from the transmission fuse or something like that.

Would the air bag light throw a trouble code that could be read by a scanner, say, at Uh-Oh-Zone or Advanced? Oddly enough, this is the first OBDII vehicle Ive owned which has had any issues other than engine troubles(clogged injectors, bad plug wires, bad O2 Sensor, etc.). Air bags are new territory for me.

Venom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder if they use the same part in the trucks as the jeeps?
They are very failure prone in the 07+ JK wranglers.

so much so that they sent a letter out stating they extended the warranty on the clock springs to like 150K or something like that.

What you're describing sounds like what happens when the CS fails in a jeep.