Clutch Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flagstaff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
idk
Hey guys, I'm having some issues and need some advice.

So I just sunk $1600 into my 1998 Dodge 1500.

During a long, mountainous drive it had some issues. Had to get it towed in to a mechanic. Check engine light was on, and it was telling them to check the crank shaft sensor. Turns out the sensor was completely melted. Replaced the sensor, drove 15 miles car got jacked up again except the clutch is completely disengaged this time. The truck started without the clutch being engaged at all, and wouldn't shift into gear. Turns out the clutch is fried, worn down to the rivets. They replace the clutch, ***** cylinder, and crank shaft sensor again (the new one burned on my second trip out).

Everything drives fine, the clutch is springy and feels great, I drive it back home.

This morning, I walk outside and the clutch is loose again. Truck won't start unless the clutch is pushed all the way down, but even after it starts it won't shift into gear. At all.

I called the mechanic, and he said it might be the master cylinder since that's basically the one part they didn't replace.

Do you guys have any idea about what is going on? If it is the master cylinder, is that a do-it-yourself job? I'd like to avoid another trip to a mechanic if I can.

Thanks!