Code po411 Any input helps.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cecil_

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Does any one know what this pertains too, I’ve read that it could be to do with the gas cap. Or something to do with Air flow

Is this a common code and easy fix? Any input helps.

Thanks for any replies.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P0411 seems to be an air pump fault, but I didn't think a 2011 V8 had an air pump (pumps air into the exhaust manifold).

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0411

The P044* and P045* series codes can result from fuel cap issues.

Last edited:

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dunno, could be pump, leak, clogged pipe, broken connection, bad solenoid valve, vacuum line disconnected. Someone should jump in here soon more familiar with the 2011, but P0411 doesn't seem to be a common fault.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cecil_

Cecil_

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT
Engine
5.7 HEMI
do you think ths could be from how my engine was just torn apart to fix hemi tick. the tear down was for hemi tick covered under extended warranty .

OP
OP
Cecil_

Cecil_

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Also I got the truck back last Thursday and I doubt I have put more than 40 miles in it untill today. Anyone know the amount of miles a ram has to run before it will cycle and throw a code?

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Varies by code, some are tripped immediately, others go into a pending state until three failures. A few have other criteria. Same with clearing, some never clear with driving, some will clear after three ignition cycles. They are based more on ignition cycles than miles. Dunno the details on this one.

Yes they could have damaged something or left a hose disconnected.

Last edited:

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
My 13 threw that code along with trans code, next day both codes cleared and zero issues, thinking mine might be from car wash jets may have forced some water into pcm and finally dried out. I went to a car wash with jets that do under truck too, but I dunno, was odd, never threw a single code before. Only thing I did that day was fill gas, go to carwash and drove about 30 minutes, truck sat, then a few hours later threw codes when I started it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye