Cold air intake!?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guerrilla zoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'm looking really hard at cold air intake kits for my 15 ram 1500 hemi! To keep this short and sweet looking for best one out there for my truck! Any advice or suggestions would be helpful. This will be one of the beginning mods for my truck & next will be a tuner which I'm sure I will be asking for help next lol. Thanks for the help in advance!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'm looking really hard at cold air intake kits for my 15 ram 1500 hemi! To keep this short and sweet looking for best one out there for my truck! Any advice or suggestions would be helpful. This will be one of the beginning mods for my truck & next will be a tuner which I'm sure I will be asking for help next lol. Thanks for the help in advance!

Go S&B or Vararam! don't make the same mistake has me and get a K&N!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Rockit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just get the S&B intake and save your self some time as best for the buck. I did not try the Volant though it looks like a very good design

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you don't mind me asking what problem did you run into with the k&n

It wasn't to bad just a PITA to put together the heat sheld holes and bolts didn't line up. the fitting on the air intake elbow stripped had to modify the crank case vent hose with a 90 degree elbow and last but not least it's a poor performance intake. I'm upgrading to a Vararam soon.

OP
OP
G

Guerrilla zoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It wasn't to bad just a PITA to put together the heat sheld holes and bolts didn't line up. the fitting on the air intake elbow stripped had to modify the crank case vent hose with a 90 degree elbow and last but not least it's a poor performance intake. I'm upgrading to a Vararam soon.

I've been seeing that alot with the k&n! I'm going to look into them right now

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
If you are buying the air intake for the looks, by all means, get it,. I love teh way ti looks too.

If you are looking for more airflow, at high RPM's, then try this simple, cheap, effective Mod to teh stock air box.

http://www.ramforum.com/f17/gofishn...ed_build_thread-83021/index2.html#post1260399

Works terrific. Simple mod but really increased my rate of acceleration, at highway speeds.

Did not increase under hood engine noise, whatsoever. Now does it seem to do much, during normal operating RPM's but once I slam that petal to the floor, the truck screams.

Allowed me to spend that $300 ear-marked for an S&B intake for other things.

I got teh idea from this thread

http://www.ramforum.com/f75/modded_stock_air-box_snorkle_more_airflow-37123/

BTW< local craigslist has S&B intake for sale, he will take $150 cash. TOyed with the idea of picking it up, since those S&B intakes look so darn cool but decided against it. I would love the looks of it, when I open the hood. BUT, I don't open the hood, that much, and doubt if I would see any real improvements over what I already have, in place, now.

IF o do buy an S&B, they are nice. Positively best cold air intake today. Researched the heck out of most of them. Reason this modification to the stock air box made so much more sense, to me. Your mileage may vary . . .