common or uncommon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
brandon.colt

brandon.colt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was able to get the door open by pulling the handle and lock at the same time. So that's a plus. It still doesn't work electrically but at least I can open the door now.

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Talked to the Tech and he said that he has never had to use a saw on any door interior.
He said he uses a plastic tipped "Trim remover tool" and has never damaged any interior component with it and on some vehicles there are little bolts that a simple ratchet can remove. There is absolutely no need for a saw he said and he advised me to tell you to be wary of that dealer.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a problem with the lock on my rear passenger door. The plunger would go down like it locked, but I could still open it. I could get it to lock if I manually pressed it down.

It turned out that the window electric cable had come out of a clip that held it against the door and was somehow interfering with the locking action. Re-clipped the wire and it's been perfect ever since.

Ray

Black Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Talked to the Tech and he said that he has never had to use a saw on any door interior.
He said he uses a plastic tipped "Trim remover tool" and has never damaged any interior component with it and on some vehicles there are little bolts that a simple ratchet can remove. There is absolutely no need for a saw he said and he advised me to tell you to be wary of that dealer.

You're telling me he can get that panel off with the door locked closed? Who is he...Kreskin?

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
My Momma always said, locks are to keep honest people honest, anyone can get something unlocked.

OP
OP
brandon.colt

brandon.colt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Noved, thanks for going out of your way to try to help out with my problem here. I won't be going to the dealer that told me that as I'm only in town for the weekend so I don't have time for that kind of nonsense.

Ocelot, I suppose I can see that being the cause of my issue.

So I guess the question is, do I pull the panel myself and try to fix it? Or do I let the dealer fix it? It still needs to go in bc the transfer will not go into neutral (I don't need it to, I just want my truck to do what it's supposed to) and the under hood light will not turn on.

Guys thanks again for all the input.