Control arm question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markbingham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have to replace my control arm bushings , I know this is a dumb question .. I have a 5" rough country lift if I order bushings from parts house does it matter if it's for stock arms?

IrocRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the truck isn't your daily or you have another vehicle you can drive while the truck is down, then I'd try and remove what you have to, buy a stock control arm bushing, and see how close to fitting it is. I just went through some super awesome stuff trying to find a track bar bushing for my truck, and I talked with a very knowledgeable fabricator at a shop who said most of the time aftermarket companies try to design their components to accept factory bushings, so that people aren't complaining or freaking out when they have to wait a week for parts to come in. My track bar uses a stock like bushing but it wasn't the stock bushing from my year ram so I had to have them cut the end off and weld in a new spot for the stock bushing to press into. Rough country may have sent bushings with the kit when it was installed on your truck, but they might just be OEM. Not saying this is a guarenteed thing but couldn't hurt to try it.

OP
OP
Markbingham

Markbingham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was going to try that but I got to looking and the guy that sold me the lift said it was a 5" lift come to find out that it is a 7" lift after reading up on it I think I naught need to change my arms out to the long arms but I'm trying to find a good set that don't cost a arm and leg and idea on a good arm?

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Dodgeoffroad has nice long arms. I got their bent short arms..

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas guzzler
the ruff country bushing are not bad priced,under 70 bucks.