Control arms hit frame on 2/4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NakedBee

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Ram R/T
Engine
So I recently picked up a 2014 R/T that had already been lowered on Belltech's spring drop and also had the Spohn adjustable upper and lower bars as well as the adjustable panhard bar installed.

Yesterday I adjusted the lower bar to make the tire centered in the well (for some reason it wasn't adjusted?) and in doing so obviously it messed up the pinion angle. Now I've never adjusted pinion angle but that's what Youtube is for right?:)

My trans (at the yoke) has a 3degree slope down so I adjusted the diff to have a 3degree slope up. In doing so it rotated the rear upper control arm mount closer to the frame and now the end of the control arm contacts the frame at about the same time the metal cup of the stock bump stop (haven't had a chance to cut them off yet) hits the bracket for the upper control arm.

Anyway just wondering if I did it wrong or what because the rear spring has a pretty nasty rake to it as well due to the spring cup on the axle not sitting level.

Oh and I did adjust the panhard bar as well if that makes a diff.

OP
OP
N

NakedBee

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Ram R/T
Engine
Ok,
By those instructions my driveshaft angle is +2.5 and my pinion is +3.5. Leaving me with a true pinion angle 0f -1 at the rear. The trans is sitting at a +4.5 so were looking at a true pinion angle of -2 there.