Coolant resevoir

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robg_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l magnum
Sorry if this has already been discussed, I couldn't find anything on it.

I recently purchased an 03 ram with the 4.7l engine. The only problem i am having with it is that it is dumping coolant due to the absence of the overflow tank. the previous owners removed it for some reason and I am about to replace it. Judging from what ive seen online there should be a port on the driver side of my radiator for it to hook up to as well as the left.

When i look under the hood though i am not seeing that on my radiator. Do any of yall have a diagram showing where the hoses are supposed to connect? or a photo under the hood showing the hoses and where they lead to? Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
robg_08

robg_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l magnum
Just came to the conclusion the people I bought the truck from out a 4th generation radiator in it. Which would explain why they took the overflow tank off. Next question, does anyone know what the sensor does that is on the bottom of the 4th generation overflow tanks? I can put one of the bottles on there but there is no power going to it. Is it necessary?