Couple of Issues with 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kev12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone else having a squeaking driver seat? Every time I move, it squeaks like crazy. More concerning issue is a very quiet almost rattling sound that I hear when I'm stopped. Once I accelerate, it goes away. I plan on taking my truck since its under warranty, but I do have a CAI installed. Should I put OEM back in? or does aftermarket CAI not affect the warranty

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
They cannot void your whole warranty because of an intake, and they cannot void warranty related to squeaking seat parts even you rolled in with a Whipple on the thing.

They can only refuse warranty service if the modified part is proven to be the cause of the issue. So if you brought in the truck with something related to your air intake then yeah, they would not honor your warranty and be justified in doing so.

Some service departments are assholes with modified vehicles. In my experience a lot of Mopar departments aren't too bad, and even are OK with modified stuff. I would only worry if you had a tuned truck and then had engine issues.

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
For the seat squirt some wd40 on the tracks and see if it goes away...

As for the rattle that could be engine related to idling... particularly since it goes away when engine revs up...

Your CAI could affect warranty if it turns out to be engine related...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye