Crank sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcfdtnfirefighter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Any tips on getting to the crank position sensor on my 92 4x4?
I was thinking about removing the front drive shaft and jacking up the motor? ???

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Where is the crank shaft position sensor located on the motor? My 04 location is lower right side rear

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jcfdtnfirefighter

jcfdtnfirefighter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Same place as yours, just too tight down there . I used to have a 95... it wasn't too bad to get to. I think I'm gonna have to jack the Engine up to get enough clearance. ...

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i can already tell you from experience there is no easy way to get at it. you have to take the egr pipe off to get at it which is nearly impossible. i ended up cutting the egr pipe and taking the exhaust manifold off to get at the CPS on my 93. also i think it requires a t25 allen key to remove the bolts. the bolts that held the cps were round allen bolts. the connector is also a pain to get at. i don't think lifting the engine will do anything. if anything removing the motor mounts and lowering the engine might help but still likely won't make the job that much easier.

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had no problems getting to my crank sensor. Just crawled under my truck and got'er done

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
but an 04 is completely different than a 92. even a 96 and newer ram is different since they did away with the egr on the 96 and newer trucks. the egr pipe is the thing that make the job a real pain in the ass.