Cruise control on switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadetreein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
1995 ram 2500 cummins. Has the four button cruise switch. Can someone tell me if when you push the on switch down is it supposed to latch down in order for it to stay on or is it just a momentary like the other buttons thanks

safetyfast

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 Laramie SLT 4x4 Club Cab
Engine
1995 ram 2500 cummins. Has the four button cruise switch. Can someone tell me if when you push the on switch down is it supposed to latch down in order for it to stay on or is it just a momentary like the other buttons thanks

It’s just momentary. There’s a tiny light next to the button that you can see at night when it’s on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Shadetreein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
So just too confirm, the switch has a separate button for off,on,coast and set. 4 buttons that push. So there's supposed to be a light? Thanks again

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Hit the on, get to your speed, press set. Coast it slows down until you release and then holds the speed at which you released. The Resume button will bring it back on if you have tapped the brake and will also increase speed while you are cruising

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum

If your 95 is like my 96, there are 4 "buttons" across the bottom of the air bag cover. The 3 that actually function are momentary switches - they do not latch down - the blank one with the lite is fixed. My cruise control switch buttons are, from left - (1) CRUISE ON/OFF (turns cruise on/off; tap to turn on, again to turn off. This does not select a cruise speed, only powers up unit and controls) - (2) no label; fixed in position; a green indicator light to confirm cruise is available to use - (3) RESUME/ACCEL (if a cruise speed had been selected and the brake was pushed, pausing the setting, a tap to this button restores it to the last setting. If the cruise is engaged, a tap to the button raises speed setting 1-2 mph; holding it down increases speed setting until button is released - (4) SET/COAST (if no speed is set, a tap sets cruise speed; if a speed is set, a tap reduces setting 1-2 mph, holding it down drops setting until new desired speed is archived and button is released)

Hope this answers your question.