Custom Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I purchased a set of Spyder headlights, but im not really satisfied with them so im building a custom set, i ordered morimoto h1 projectors. the morimotos are bixenon, im also looking for single xenon, id like to run projectors in my high beams also. retrofitsource doesnt seem to have any. has anyone else done or seen custom high beam projectors in our quads?

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
The mini h1’s are a high and low beam projector. There is a flap inside the projector that opens wider for the high beams. The bulb doesn’t go brighter, it just raises your line of sight above the projector cut off line. Don’t worry, they work amazing

OP
OP
jabartram

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The mini h1’s are a high and low beam projector. There is a flap inside the projector that opens wider for the high beams. The bulb doesn’t go brighter, it just raises your line of sight above the projector cut off line. Don’t worry, they work amazing

I understand that, but i have quads, so i have high beams also, i just wanted to do high beam projectors also if possible.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
If you do HID bulbs, would you want the bulbs on all the time, with the projector blocking the light? HID’s have a warmup cycle, seems like that would be annoying every time you turn your brights on..

OP
OP
jabartram

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you do HID bulbs, would you want the bulbs on all the time, with the projector blocking the light? HID’s have a warmup cycle, seems like that would be annoying every time you turn your brights on..

I have 70 watt quick start ballasts on my highs, takes about 3 seconds to be at full power.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Nick@get exhaust has a great retro kit for those head lights. Pm him. He can send you good details. It’s a good deal. Will make awesome lights...

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
70watts ? Your going to burn the hell out of the projector bowls and possibly the lense. A hid projector in the high beams is completely unnecessary better off sticking with a halogen in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
There is a such thing as a dedicated low and high beam halogen projectors. But you should only use HID in a low beam application or a bixenon projector. You can also run a bixenon projector as intended (solenoid activated for high beams) or just disconnect it for low beam operation only. You can also remove the entire bixenon part in about 3 min and have a dedicated high beam projector.

3 sec is still pretty slow for warm up. I have denso 35w which are instant on and basically at full brightness once turned on, but I still wouldn’t run them as a high beam.

Get some hella high beam projectors if that’s what you want, they make them as dedicated low beam as well and I’ve run them on 35w kits with good results. Or you can use dual low beam projectors and activate both for high beam use!

OP
OP
jabartram

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've been running 70 watt ballasts on my high beams for a while in my stockers and have had no issues, but i run them for a max of about 30 minutes a pop on the ranch road for distance light on horror movie dark roads. im going to stick with the stock high beam reflector, so when i switch on highs the low projector will switch to high and the actual highs will come on. should be plenty of light.