custom vs canned?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StaLL1oN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 Quad cab SLT 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you tune to trucks specific mods or do you just tweak a tune for the masses, no hate just completely curious.

I have the Superchips 3815, I know you cannot do anything with it but I'm trying to see if its worth me buying a different programmer.

What can you do for they can't?
On the SC 3815 the 91 tune is decent and does add a noticeable gain, but... My truck for some reason seems to pull almost as hard on the 87 tune. On the 87 tune its so much smoother that it seems just as fast.

hemifever

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
'03 was the first year that SC came out with the hemi tuner. The original 3714 tuner tune wasn't optimized and had too much timing advance for the rest of the configuration. I don't know about the 3815 tuner tunes. For bolt on modifications, there isn't that much to do on the '03 without trans/idle/speed/rev/throttle controls. I know I'll have the premium fuel tune correctly matched to your truck best it will be. I don't think you'd have that much invested in the tuner swap if you sold the 3815 first.

OP
OP
StaLL1oN

StaLL1oN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 Quad cab SLT 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I apologize man I just seen this, I think I'm going to make the swap. What programmer do you recommend for me?

03 5.7 hemi