Cylinder 1 and 8 Misfire + unknown manifold code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluwarguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum V8
I was driving to prom 2 days ago and accelerating hard when the check engine light started flashing. I immediately knew what it was doing so I pulled over and got out my OBDII reader to see what was misfiring. Both cylinders 1 and 8 had misfire codes and there was another one that said something about the manifold. In my stupidity I erased the codes to see if the problem would happen again instead of writing them down first. The only one that happened again was Cylinder 1 misfiring. The other 2 codes have yet to show up. It only does it under hard acceleration but if I take it slow it's fine. I've had misfiring problems before with the 8th cylinder due to oil caked on to it. I put on new spark plugs/wires/rotor/cap less than 1000 miles ago. I normally check my codes every now and then because I don't have any O2 sensors and those keep the light on.

Last edited:

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
1. Plenum
2. Put a new upstream 02 in, engine uses it for air/ fuel ratio. Downstream is just a monitor

OP
OP
bluwarguy

bluwarguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum V8
I'm betting it's my plenum. It's sucking oil FAST and with full synthetic it's getting expensive to keep up with. The manifold code was actually from my MAP sensor a while ago when I forgot to plug it back in. It hasn't misfired since though.