Daily Driver SRT-10's

Discussion in 'Dodge Ram SRT-10' started by GoinDownhole, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Bluesmoke91

Bluesmoke91 2nd GEN Site Mod Staff Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Your Impala?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Budakane

Budakane Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    345ci Hemi
    When I bought my truck there was a SRT-10 QC for the same price, just more miles in Red.....The only thing that made me go with the hemi is when I saw the MPG. I was stationed in DC at the time..stop and go traffic every day......it was a no brainer

3. KGBIGCOUNTRY

KGBIGCOUNTRY Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
    Engine:
    5.7 / 5.7
    Dave is your clutch like a brick in your truck? I test drove 2 SRT rams both 04's and I be damned if the clutch didnt feel heavy on normal driving. When the salesmen let me row through the gears (dont think he was expecting that amount of speed on the interstate) I didnt notice it as bad but coming off a stop light in normal traffic it just felt heavy. They cost to mod the v-10 is on up there to, I know it starts with alot of power but I know anyone on the forums aint happy till they add more HP.

4. Carlwalski

Carlwalski Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    505ci Viper V10
    That'll more than likely be the Viper master slave cylinder, they are a weak link from the factory and most guys upgrade to the HD Viper car stuff and that seems to make clutch work much easier and more fluent.

In terms of the topic, daily driving is a such hard term to class. For some, daily driving is taking it out once to get milk. For others, it's a 1 hour commute (one way) to work in peak hour traffic, 5 days a week with all the driving for food, gas, kids thrown in too. True daily driving for me is just that, to work, to the shops, movies, DIY stores, so I would probably pass. Just because the SRT is more of a "toy" than a taxi.

They were made to enjoy and "race", per se (on a track of course haha) and yes, like any "hot rod", you get into 505ci of Viper, you best look for the next gas station. I get around 15-16mpg in my regular cab around town and roughly 18+mpg on the highway, not bad at all for what the beast is. You can drive them normally and get respectable mileage but hey, that's like having a petite model blonde with big tits as a girlfriend and not shagging her. Where's the fun in that??

My 2c = I would pass on an SRT/10 as a daily driver. Get something more economical and save the SRT option for an all out "toy". For the record, I drive mine 3-4 times a week, very hard, WOT, get it lose, and enjoy it for what it was made to do, no less than an hour drive each time it rolls out the Batcave lol. I don't baby it and drive it a lot but even then, I don't class it as a daily driver plus it would look out of place at the grocery store or library lol.

Good luck with your choice!!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  5. ROKTMAN

ROKTMAN Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Yep,the Impala.

6. ROKTMAN

ROKTMAN Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I have an aftermarket clutch in the truck.First a Centerforce and now a SPEC 2+.It is a little stiffer than the OEM but the OEM wasn`t stiff as all.Must have been something wrong with the clutch.

7. srt2slow

srt2slow Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    viper v-10
    i love my truck.....its my dd...i recently converted it to a 6 speed ....i love it even more now...

8. TheMaddog

TheMaddog Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    I have a 6 speed. But traffic during rush hour. Fml.

Sent from my droid killing iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Bluesmoke91

Bluesmoke91 2nd GEN Site Mod Staff Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Did I read that correctly? 15-16 around town in an SRT10? I would be happy to get those kind of numbers in my truck.

10. deckard

deckard Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Catless with a flash I get 10 mpg as a daily driver.